Patient Support (All Shifts available) – Area Substance Abuse Council – Cedar Rapids, IA
Area Substance Abuse Council
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: Patient Support Staff (PSS) are responsible for maintaining a safe, therapeutic, and supportive environment to assist patients through their journey of recovery in the CD+, Recovery Center, Heart of Iowa, Hightower Place, and King House facilities. Patient Support Staff provide evidence-based interventions and supervision for patients within our residential and halfway house settings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide a consistent level of supervision for patients outside patient treatment sessions. Monitor behaviors and conversations during meal times, ensuring patients eat well-balanced meals. Document observations as required in the patient’s case files and complete all other forms as directed by the Patient Support Supervisor.
- Facilitate educational sessions and/or skill development programming with patients as needed.
- Ensure that the medication storage area is secured and that patients are monitored when they take medications.
- Report all patient injuries and critical incidents according to ASAC policies and procedures.
- Conduct patient urinalyses following the agency policies and procedures.
- Provide patient transportation as needed to meetings, appointments and medical treatment.
- Assist patients in on-site games, crafts, or recreation activities and transport (if need be) patients to off-site recreational areas (campouts, movie theater, YWCA, etc.) according to the weekly treatment schedule.
- Maintain an orderly facility in collaboration with the Facilities Manager by monitoring and assisting patients to make their beds, clean their rooms, clean sinks and tubs, empty trash, clean windows, floors, and carpets, monitor kitchen/dining room clean up, etc.
- Monitor all facility security systems to ensure that all patients/visitors are in appropriate areas, at appropriate times, and follow confidentiality guidelines. Ensure all bedrooms are locked at appropriate times and key control is maintained.
- Complete all state and CARF required trainings and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
GENERAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
It is the responsibility of each employee to:
- Understand and uphold ASAC’s mission.
- Adhere to ASAC policies and procedures, and to all applicable city, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Maintain strict confidentiality, in accordance with HIPAA and 42CFR
- Display a professional attitude towards and treat all other employees, referral sources, funders, volunteers, visitors, patients and their families with dignity and respect at all times.
- Demonstrates good communication with, including but not limited to: supervisor, colleagues, co-workers patient/family members, community members, management staff, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrate good attendance and punctuality for all work related events.
- Demonstrate involvement as a team member, regardless of where primary duties lie, by positively contributing to the overall agency operations.
- Submit paperwork and meet job responsibility deadlines as assigned.
- Maintain all required license, certifications and related CEUs.
- Know and perform job duties in a safe manner.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisors and/or management staff.
- Minimum of a High school diploma; AA or Professional Certificate (such as Certified Treatment Assistant) is preferred
- Valid Iowa driver’s license
- At least one year experience in a residential environment preferred
- Ability to work on a daily basis utilizing standard office equipment.
- Ability to use computer system, software and to work well technology.
- Ability to use independent judgment, analytical/decision-making skills, verbal and written communication skills, human relations skills, team working skills, and organizational skills.
- This position consists of frequent sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Patient+Support&c=Area+Substance+Abuse+Council&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=e4ab2f9f4e2fd306&rtk=1enbroia8npkv800&from=rss→