Part Time Victim Service Advocate – Thrive Together – Cedar Rapids, IA
- Bachelor’s degree in the related field and/or professional training.
- Proven work history in advocacy work or working with Deaf/hard of hearing communities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, with diverse groups of people and handle difficult and/or sensitive situations tactfully.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate fluently in American Sign Language and other signed communication modes.
- Demonstrate fluency in English writing skills.
- Strong ability to work with complex cases utilizing innovative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to respond to on-call emergencies and handle crisis situations.
- Manage time and schedule independently.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including some nights and weekends.
- Ability to travel throughout Iowa utilizing own transportation. Mileage reimbursement is provided.
Victim Service Advocate Functions
- Exhibit a belief in non-violence and a willingness to advocate on behalf of victims and their families who are affected by violence in a non-discriminating manner.
- Uphold the belief that quality client services are the top priority.
- Provide comprehensive 1:1 peer consulting.
- Provide emotional support and advocacy to victims which may include but is not limited to, crisis counseling, information referrals, safety planning, shelter and/or housing placements, court-related hearings, interactions with law enforcement, child protective services and hospitals, follow-up and client transportation.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of daily interaction, appropriate reporting of services, and filing appropriate documents as required.
- Apply the ADA law effectively to ensure accessible and adequate services for clients.
- Share on-call responsibilities.
- Comply with state advocacy training/certification requirements as defined by Iowa Code and state coalitions. Achieve and maintain the required certification.
- Communicate regularly with the Executive Director, team and other designated contacts.
- Assist the agency in providing public education and training regarding issues of cultural awareness, effective communication, domestic violence, and sexual assault.
- Perform other work assignments as requested/needed.
See more information here: https://www.thrivetogethertoday.org/post/now-hiring-part-time-victim-service-advocate-cedar-rapids
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15,500.00 – $16,500.00 per year
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Cedar Rapids, IA 52402 (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- American Sign Language (Required)
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Victim+Service+Advocate&c=Thrive+Together&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=67a5193e9e8bdef2&rtk=1em7q1bgrnplm800&from=rss→