Park Cedar Rapids
JOB DESCRIPTION: The primary focus of this position is customer service. It is expected that
the highest level of customer service be provided at all times. Effectively communicating and
providing services to the public is priority number one with our organization. This part-time
position involves working events that go on in downtown Cedar Rapids, which are mostly nights
and weekends. Duties include, but are not limited to, selling pre-collect parking, cash handling,
traffic direction, working with the public, light cleaning and setting up/breaking down for events.
- Customer Service: It is important that you remember how important your actions are.
They are a reflection of the company’s attitude toward customer service.
o Please remain courteous and helpful at all times.
o You will be expected to smile and say hello to each customer.
o You will be expected to communicate effectively to each customer.
o You must be able to explain current and changing rules, regulations and
procedures. This includes all operational aspects of technology in the facility.
o You will be required to work with customers directly face-to-face and respond to
their needs accordingly.
- You may be required at any given time to leave your work area and go to where the
customer may be located. This could include walking to another facility. From time to
time, assisting customers in this manner will also require that you stand for extended
periods of time.
- Maintenance: Event staff are expected to maintain the appearance of their work area
o This will include sweeping, mopping, wiping down of area as well as any
equipment related to parking and picking up trash.
o This will require that you have the ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Conduct vehicle counts in the facilities to ensure that we have enough spaces for all of
- Ticket handling: Ensuring that all tickets have the correct amount charged on each ticket
as well as entrance/exit times. Upon completion of shift, ensuring that all tickets are
- Accuracy: While working with cash, be very careful and accurate at all times. Be equally
careful in charging customers. Errors, particularly overcharging, can leave a bad
impression on customers.
- Checking out: You will be required to fill out a “Shift Checkout Sheet” at the end of your
shift and note this is on you paperwork.
o Tickets must be tallied and reconciled with the cash and credit card transactions.
o It will require that you verify your change fund at the beginning and end of your
shift and note this on your paperwork.
- Disputes: Occasionally you may have a disagreement with a customer. If this occurs,
seek assistance if possible. Never get into an argument with a customer. Always report
incidents such as this to your supervisor as soon as possible.
- Must be willing to assist new cashiers when needed and provide training if necessary.
- Attendants are expected to stay current on all parking programs, services and events
related to downtown.
Please recognize that above is the general scope of work for your position. At any time these
duties can be changed at management’s discretion to meet business needs.
- Outgoing personality
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and ability to work with potentially challenging
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Available to work nights and weekends, as many downtown events take place during
About Park Cedar Rapids
Park Cedar Rapids is an organization committed to providing a positive parking experience for
patrons of downtown Cedar Rapids. Let Park Cedar Rapids help you plan your next trip
downtown by visiting www.parkcedarrapids.com.
How to Apply
Please stop down at our main office at 349 4th Avenue SE Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401 to fill out
an application or you can fill one out online. If you have any questions please call 319-365-
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.