Outlet Supervisor (HMW) – IDM Hospitality Management – Amana, IA
IDM Hospitality Management
Full Job Description
SUMMARY SCOPE OF ROLE
Develop, implement and maintain quality standards for restaurants/outlets, including service, supervision and direction of service staff. Ensure excellent customer service. Offer administrative support to the General Manager, Food & Beverage Manager, and Executive Chef.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/RELEVANT WORK QUALIFICATIONS
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Minimum of three years food and beverage service background and with at least three years restaurant management required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- 25% Interview, select, train, supervise, schedule, counsel and discipline restaurant service staff for the efficient operation of the outlet. Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as daily responsibilities, house count and menu changes. Schedule and direct staff in their work assignments. Maintain proper staffing based upon expected levels of sales.
- 15% Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties. Coordinate and document reservations and the planning and execution of banquets and meetings within the outlet. Organize special events in the restaurant such as receptions. Maintain communication with all departments to ensure customer service needs are met.
- 10% Move throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Verify levels of service, environment and food temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products and inspect/check preparation methods to determine quality. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
- 35% Maintain profitability of outlet to support overall hotel operation. Control and process payroll and equipment costs (minimizing loss and misuse). Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating bar inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves by stooping, bending, lifting heavy articles and reaching overhead. Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures. Ensure proper pricing on food and liquor.
- 15% Utilize prescribed cash handling procedures to accurately charge customers, assist and create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence. Maintain the daily financial responsibilities with the assistance of the General Manager.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide direct service to guests as needed, including, but not limited to, serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests and general clerical/cashier duties.
KEYS TO SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE INCLUDE
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to supervise subordinate staff, including, but not limited to, assignment of duties, evaluating service, and taking disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data, figures and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
- Knowledge of hotel food and beverage operations.
- Knowledge of food and alcoholic beverages.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Knowledge of food service techniques and cost controls such as manpower, productivity, food cost and other expenses.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK HOURS
This is a Full Time position with a minimum of 40 hours per week expected.
The Outlet Supervisor directly to the Food & Beverage Manager and has limited scope of supervisory responsibilities based on function of position.
Ability to lift to 50lbs, clearly verbally communicate with employees and public. speak, hear, see, read, write, type, dial, reach, and bend.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Outlet+Supervisor&c=IDM+Hospitality+Management&l=Amana%2C+IA&jk=b2a3bab2f7184f68&rtk=1f4n9mkdvo14q800&from=rss→