Operator – River Valley Cooperative – Ryan, IA
River Valley Cooperative
Under the direction of the location manager, the operator is responsible for tasks in operating our locations. Operators will perform duties in a manner that will optimize the cooperativeâs efficiency to achieve the cooperativeâs mission while upholding our values. All DOT, state, federal, and company policies will be followed.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge to be able to operate and maintain all equipment and vehicles (sprayers, elevators, spreaders, trucks, etc.)
- Mixing, loading and application of pesticides/fertilizers
- Apply pesticides and fertilizers at applicable rates to the appropriate fields
- Handle incoming and outgoing grain. If necessary, weigh and test the grain.
- Transfer grain to correct bin utilizing available storage space as efficiently as possible.
- Handle and deliver bulk and packaged chemicals
- Perform daily vehicle inspections
- Clean and maintain equipment
- Maintain application/spray records in AgLogic
- Organize and coordinate application timetable with customers
- Knowledgeable with corn, beans, seed, chemical and fertilizer to make informed decisions
- Utilize heavy machinery, such as an end loader or skid steer
- Assist in keeping all equipment and facilities in good order. Assist the mechanic with major repairs, paint equipment and facilities, and perform other maintenance duties as directed. Assist in the movement and accounting of inventory.
- Communicate with customers regarding the application process and materials used. Answer questions or direct the customer to the appropriate person.
- Observe all OSHA, DOT, state, federal safety regulations at all times.
- Follow housekeeping practices that keep the facilities neat and clean.
- Attend cooperative meetings and work to improve personal skills and knowledge.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Support River Valley operations in other functional areas of the operations business as needed.
RIVER VALLEY VALUES
- Customer Focus: Builds and maintains customer satisfaction (Internal and external) with the products and services offered by the organization.
- Integrity: Earns others trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Safety and Quality Focus: Adheres to all River Valley policies, safety regulations, standards and practices
- Dependability: Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, achieves results with little oversight.
- Communication: Listens and understands what others say, clearly communicates in an engaging manner
- Ambition: ability to demonstrate drive and initiative in seeking completion of a goal or advancement
- Problem Solving Skills: ability of the individual to recognize courses of action which can be taken to handle problems or potential problems, and applying contingency plans to solve those problems; while controlling resources and expenditures
- Operating Equipment: Efficiently and properly uses tools, machines, and vehicles to transport product and complete tasks
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
Education: High School
Experience: Ag retail experience
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills. Experience with AgLogic preferred
Certificates & Licenses: CDL- Class A
Other: CDL Endorsements: airbrake, hazmat, tanker. Custom applicator licenses with applicable endorsements required by the state
10 lbs or less
51-100 lbs <5%
Over 100 lbs <1%
Reach Above Shoulder
12 lbs or less
Squat or Kneel
41-100 lbs <1%
N (Not Applicable) – Activity is not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) – Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) – Occupation requires this activity from 33-66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) – Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Body Index Score: Ranking Medium BIS Minimum 171-200
Other Physical Requirements: Ability to access company physical assets, wear company safety and PPE supplied and required equipment. Ability to work long hours as needed.
May be exposed to dust, noise, heat, cold, ag chemicals and vapors, and moving machinery on occasion as part of this position. May be required to work long hours in season, as well as work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Operator&c=River+Valley+Cooperative&l=Ryan%2C+IA&jk=2290a65791e05d49&rtk=1e91gqibjf3bm800&from=rss→