Islamic Services of America (ISA Inc)
Looking to escape the Corporate World? Are you ready to make a real impact with a great team of people while still having a life and time to spend with family and friends? Can you remember the last time you felt real value in helping to further build a truly growing organization?
ISA is searching for a select group of candidates who enjoy a wonderful and challenging work environment with the opportunity to expand one’s business skills and professional development as the company continues to grow nationwide.
Established in 1975, in Cedar Rapids, Iowa ISA is globally recognized as the American pioneer in Halal Certification Services. This is historic, as Cedar Rapids, Iowa is also the home of the first and oldest continuous Mosque in North America. ISA’s founders envisioned the establishment of an organization dedicated to promoting educational understanding of Islam. Decades of this vision and commitment to this mission have made ISA unique. ISA is recognized globally for its expertise, service, and integrity in halal certification services.
This position is responsible for the overall daily business operations of Islamic Services of America (ISA) as it relates to the Halal Certification Process Flow Chart. The Operations Manager facilitates a clear, specific and efficient process flow ensuring both customer and internal expectations and critical steps are understood and followed from beginning to end throughout the business cycle. This additionally includes the need to anticipate, discuss and participate in problem solving for ancillary issues that may arise in the course of daily business from staffing issues, customer questions or disputes to unique account negotiation positions that mutually serve ISA and its customers.
- To enable further development of the practices, procedures and overall Halal compliance services we provide to customers, consumers, Halal industry and the international governing authorities.
- Participate and attend in domestic and global conferences, seminars, expos or trade events in conjunction with those who influence or impact the growth of the global Halal certification industry such as delegates, or government officials.
- Lead development and implementation of documented internal and external Halal compliance policies and procedures for new customer applications, service agreements, customer product reviews and certifications, customer facility audit inspections and certifications, and overall customer file documentation and tracking in all hard and soft copy locations.
- Oversee Halal Services and Administrative staff in qualifying new and existing customers and Halal certification requests. Primarily responsible for approving service agreement pricing terms and conditions, amendments, alterations, or other revisions.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with new and existing customer contacts and companies, domestic and international Halal industry certification bodies and country-specific Halal oversight agencies (e.g. JAKIM, MUI). Continually improve and develop existing office standard operation procedures to strengthen, cross train, and broaden scope of work and abilities of all ISA staff.
- Degree in business management, food science, science, chemistry, or a directly related field or industry
- Basic knowledge in Islamic fundamentals
- Fluency in foreign languages a plus – Arabic, French, Spanish, Bahasa, Urdu
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- 5 years of relevant work experience in a related field
- 5 years of management experience in a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment to develop integrity, trust and respect of coworkers at all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer and company information.
Bottom line, we hire few and focus on building a world class team of people who care about integrity in service and dedication to process. Skills are great, a can-do attitude is essential, but belief in making a positive difference is what we are all about! Life is short, enjoy what you do in your career and be great at it, so when you’re with family and friends they are all that’s on your mind.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $62,000.00 to $71,500.00 /year
- Operations Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- operations: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Cedar Rapids, IA (Required)
- French (Preferred)
- Urdu (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Bahasa (Preferred)
- Arabic (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.