Nursing Technician, Telemetry, Relief, 7p-7a – Mercy Hospital in Iowa City – Iowa City, IA
Mercy Hospital in Iowa City
Basic Job Function and Responsibilities
To assist with selected patient care activities under the supervision of an RN, and work as a vital member of the patient care delivery team. Promote the Mission, Vision and Values of the organization.
Job Duties/Performance Expectations
- Assists with patient care activities and implementation of nursing care plan as directed by the RN. Recognizes and reports condition changes to the nurse.
- Checks and restocks patient care areas and unit supplies per unit policy.
- Maintains a clean and neat environment in the patient care area.
- May perform unit clerk functions including, but not limited to; answer phones, relay messages, assists with the obtaining of medical records and acts as a messenger between nursing units and for ancillary departments.
- Performs all duties in compliance with applicable regulatory standards. Maintains knowledge base and continuing education to ensure compliance with JCAHO, and other guidelines. Notifies management of any breaches of standards and contributes to improvement processes.
- Performs basic treatments, such as passive range of motion, simple dressing changes, and skin care.
- Performs blood glucose meter and quality control checks per unit policy.
- Provides selected patient care activities under RN supervision such as, bathing, feeding, assistance with other activities of daily living. May document vital signs and selected care activities.
- Recognizes changes in patient’s condition and relates variances to the RN/LPN.
- May perform patient video monitoring functions, including maintaining visual observation at all times, re-direct patients, and report concerns to nursing staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience – Required
- One year experience as a nursing assistant in a hospital setting, Nurse Assistant certification, or equivalent experience and education from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired – Required
- Possess the ability to: read and write; to accurately relay telephone verbal messages; to perform a considerable amount of walking, standing, lifting and pulling/pushing; to relate to the public in a caring, tactful and courteous manner under all circumstances – Required
- Must be motivated and be able to work independently, as well as be a team player- Required
- Must have good personal hygiene – Required
Certification(s), Licensure(s) & Registration(s):
- Nurse Technicians hired for Hospice must be Certified Nurse Assistants (CNA) registered with the Iowa Nurse Aide Registry – Required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) proficiency within 6 months of date of hire – Required
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Nursing+Technician&c=Mercy+Hospital+in+Iowa+City&l=Iowa+City%2C+IA&jk=8ac07ab391118dcc&rtk=1eg98l719oboq800&from=rss→