Sinclair Broadcast Group
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KGAN CBS2/KFXA Fox 28, in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, has an immediate opening for an energetic and creative News Content Manager. In this role, you will manage the station’s on-air, digital and social teams. We are looking for someone to help drive strategy and execution to make CBS2/Fox 28 the go-to source of news and information in the Cedar Rapids market.
The ideal candidate will have big ideas on how to capitalize on material the CBS2/Fox 28 News team creates. You should demonstrate experience recruiting, hiring, training and managing digital and broadcast teams. You must be well-versed in the latest publishing technologies and able to easily manipulate digital or live material on all KGAN/KFXA News platforms.
- Manage digital and broadcast producing staff effectively and professionally
- Create a strategy for daily coverage as well as long-term coverage goals
- Develop strategies for delivering fresh content and updated web and social stories throughout the 24-7 news cycle
- Be available to lead coverage of major breaking news or severe weather regardless of schedule
- Work collaboratively with other KGAN/KFXA News managers, producers, talent and editors to maximize content and enhance user experience on all the station’s platforms
- Drive content creation on cbs2iowa.com including story generation and video editing and publishing
- Organize and execute digital and social strategies with KGAN/KFXA News talent
- Drive new content initiatives and, working with other station news management, supervise overall content strategy
- Close partnership with other Executive Producers to create content and brand continuity among the on-air and online platforms
- Ensure accuracy/proofreading of on-air and digital stories
- Monitor talent engagement, coach talent to achieve appropriate level of engagement
- Be knowledgeable of current events locally, nationally and internationally
- Monitor competing websites
- Research, report and write original stories
- Provide coaching to on-air staff about best practices for on-air and digital platforms
- Manage and train other digital and broadcast producers
- Special projects
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree or equivalent (a degree in journalism or related field is strongly preferred)
- A minimum of 3+ years of related experience
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
- Great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Five years of experience in journalism or broadcasting
- Non-linear video editing is a plus
- Proven experience developing and growing audiences
- Excellent project management skills
- Must be self-motivating and able to work well with a diverse group of people
- Must be able to handle short deadlines
- Must have excellent communication skills, including both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
- The ability to work flexible hours
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.