Music Producer – Kirkwood Community College – Cedar Rapids, IA
Kirkwood Community College
$12.28 an hour
Full Job Description
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Serve as host during an assigned shift or shifts of KCCK’s programming day.
- Plan and prepare music and other programming to ensure it complies with station format.
- Produce or provide an audition recording of on-air music program
- Record network feeds for later broadcast. Keep transmitter log and ensure station operators comply with FCC regulations.
- Update and promote station and individual programs and activities using social media, blogging and other tools as necessary.
- Record, write, edit and produce pre-recorded programs or program elements as needed.
- Assist with fund drives and development activities.
- Represent KCCK and the college at various community events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be able and willing to represent the College in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve.
- Possess a working knowledge of recording and editing software, and other commonly used office software.
- Must be willing to work in a team-based environment .
- Must be willing to take direction and training from Program Director and others involved in talent development.
- Must be able to represent KCCK and the college in a positive manner at public events.
- Assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems and exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Read, understand and express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written form. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Conduct activities in the office in a manner that is acceptable and consistent with department and College objectives, guidelines, policies and practices.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own transportation to travel to station events and off-site programming activities.
- Must be willing to work other than 8:00AM – 5:00PM, Monday-Friday, as required.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
- Two years experience at a commercial or public radio station.
- Thorough knowledge of jazz.
Must be able to produce or provide an audition recording of on-air music program.
- Superior announcing and program hosting skills
- Thorough knowledge of radio station equipment operation, including production and recording software.
- Must be able to obtain any required broadcast licenses.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in broadcasting or a related field.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Music+Producer&c=Kirkwood+Community+College&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=b30709774b585999&rtk=1f4i4qognnpr4800&from=rss→