Mortgage Loan Underwriter – Linn Area Credit Union – Cedar Rapids, IA
Linn Area Credit Union
We are currently seeking a Full Time Mortgage Loan Underwriter to join our Linn Area Team & Family. This professional is responsible to provide conventional underwriting for 1st mortgages to ensure they conform to Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac guidelines for mortgages originated for sale to secondary market investors. This individual will also work to underwrite In-House, non-conforming 1st mortgage loans as well as provide support for 2nd mortgage and home equity line of credit underwriting. Loans for consideration will include all residential 1-4 family and owner occupied properties.
As part of growing a Mortgage Team in the financial services industry, the Mortgage Loan Underwriter will deliver timely underwriting requirements in order to meet scheduled closing timelines as well as timeline goals as established by Management. This includes the ability to interpret and assess DU & DO requirements that may not be clearly defined. To find a balance between strong underwriting and reasonable, industry accepted requirements and to clearly established underwriting principles for both In-House and Secondary Market loans. Also to effectively weigh the risks vs. rewards and be able to make an informed judgement when defined parameters are not available. It will be critical that a successful candidate has the ability to mitigate and not necessarily eliminate risk.
Want more details to see if your skills match our needs? Here’s a glimpse…
- Assist in researching and implementing adjustments to underwriting procedures based on regulatory and audit related recommendations
- A clear understanding of all lending regulations including, but not limited to Regulation Z, HUMDA & TRID
- Foster sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals)
To get specific, here’s our have-to-possess and wish lists:
- Two-year college degree and / or have job-specific skills acquired through an apprenticeship program
- Strong oral & written communication skills with customer service focus, excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience with FHA & VA government financing programs is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of underwriting to meet Mortgage Insurance (MI) underwriting requirements
- Proficiency of mortgage processing and closing procedures are preferred
- Read and interpret both business and personal tax returns as well as profit and loss statements for self- employed borrowers
The Mortgage Loan Underwriter will actively collaborate with a team of colleagues to support our strategic goals and the Credit Union’s mission of: “To be partners in a successful future with our members and employees by providing caring financial services and community support.” This is a full time, non-exempt professional position with fabulous benefits reporting to the Director of Credit Risk.
So, are we a match??? If it sounds like you and “we” would be a good fit, please send your – not your neighbor’s – cover letter and résumé directed to Human Resources by clicking below.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Mortgage+Loan+Underwriter&c=Linn+Area+Credit+Union&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=bc519bb60fbecc50&rtk=1em7q1bgrnplm800&from=rss→