University of Iowa Community Credit Union
$12 – $14 an hour
This internship provides an introduction into the responsibilities of a financial institution professional and the UICCU work environment. The UICCU Intern will provide direct support to their assigned Manager and team with a wide range of projects related to company and departmental policies, compliance, and member service, based on business demands determined by department leaders. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical and will encourage the application of skills acquired through education in the workplace. UICCU Interns will gain a better understanding of the roles in their department and be better prepared for work in the financial industry in the future. They will also have opportunities to work with UICCU members, other departments, and staff.
Eligible candidates for this internship opportunity need to be entering their Sophomore, Junior or Senior year of college before the internship period commences.
UICCU’s Internship Program will run from 5/20/2019 through 8/9/2019.
Gain first hand knowledge of the industry from the retail standpoint
- Learn the ins and outs of what someone does day to day working in the retail branches
- Research the effectiveness of the current account opening process
- Research Verifin project
- Universal drawer project
- Shadow ACE team and MSR staff in all markets to look for efficiency and consistency
- Assist with generating new checking accounts
- Organize and participate in community outreach programs including financial literacy
- Work with local businesses to align their needs with what we have to offer, increasing our membership growth
- Participate in a minimum of one community involvement activity
Pay Range $12 – $14/hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union’s core values in serving with truth, trust, mentoring, openness, risk-taking, communication, giving credit, integrity, caring, and respect in carrying out the UICCU’s mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and eye contact immediately upon their arrival. Consistent usage of the members name during contact and always thanking them for their business.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Assists with planning, coordination and execution of department events as directed by the appropriate staff member.
- Provides a variety of administrative and clerical support regarding respective departmental and organizational projects and tasks.
- Interacts with both internal and external UICCU parties including, but not limited to, fellow employees, department leaders, members, and vendors in the pursuit of departmental and organizational objectives.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored events on an annual basis.
- Performs any other duties as may be required to meet Credit Union objectives.
- This job description does not list all the job duties. Intern may be asked to perform other duties by the staff or supervisor. Intern will be evaluated on performance of the projects listed as well as interaction with employees and clients. Work hours and project specifics will be negotiated with each candidate.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works overtime as necessitated by business demand. Job will require a non-traditional workweek with extra hours including evening and/or weekend duties.
- Must be a current student in good academic standing.
- Enthusiasm about knowledge acquisition and learning.
- Good oral communication skills and the ability to produce written communication.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Good telephone manners and techniques.
- Ability to use and understand written material.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Strong analytical, oral, and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with related computer applications, spreadsheets, word processing, and database applications.
- Must be an undergraduate student entering their junior or senior year, prior to the commencement of the internship.
- Must be bondable.
Reports to Department Leaders as assigned.
This position is not responsible for the supervision of other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The UICCU is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the credit union.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.