Senior Housing Management
Senior Housing Management is an Iowa based company that manages 40 assisted living, memory care and independent communities in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois. We are rapidly growing and in pursuit of a Medicaid Billing Specialist**. The ideal candidate must have strong organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple projects, as well as the ability set and achieve deadlines. Qualified candidates should have an understanding of insurance billing regulations, accounting, and health care administration.
The Medicaid Billing Specialist**will provide support to Community Managers across multiple states by assisting with billing, insurance claims, and follow-up on application status.
Job duties include:
- Research and follow-up on outstanding resident or accounts receivables (A/R) through a variety of methods.
- Review, post/upload, and reconcile all invoices and charges in the billing system to generate and submit monthly resident or insurance claims.
- Review, reconcile, and post resident payments on a daily and monthly basis.
- Collect, verify, and enter in the billing system pertinent demographic and insurance information in accordance to registration standards.
- Identify trends and provide feedback regarding billing issues and uncollectible accounts to on a monthly basis.
- Complete work within set deadlines to assure compliance with departmental standards.
- Assist and communicate with residents, team members, management, insurance and others in a courteous and professional manner. Develop a culture of customer service and respect.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and meetings
- Must have an understanding of Medicaid billing.
- Three or more years’ experience in private pay resident billing and collections and in private pay and Medicaid cash posting.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors and team members.
- High school diploma or equivalency. Associates degree in business administration, accounting or health care administration preferred.
- Assisted living,and/ home health billing knowledge required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Billing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Cedar Rapids, IA 52403 (Preferred)
- English (Required)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.