McKinley – Instructional Coach – Middle School – Cedar Rapids Community School District – Cedar Rapids, IA
Cedar Rapids Community School District
Teacher Leadership/Teacher Leadership
McKinley Middle School
2020-2021 School Year
Instructional Coach – Middle School
Position Funding Source: Teacher Leadership
Supervised by: Building Administrator
Position Summary: Instructional Coach will support building leaders to ensure effective teaching in every classroom.
# of Positions:
- 1 (.2FTE)
Total Days of Service:
- 191 contract days
Summer @ $25.00/hour (if required)
- up to 5 days of professional learning
- 1 day – District professional learning
- Current salary – .8FTE
- Current salary plus $400.00 per .1TE – .2FTE
- Summer professional learning as listed above
- Standard Iowa Teaching License with five years of teaching experience with at least three years of experience in the Cedar Rapids Community School District preferred.
- Serve on Building Leadership Team(s).
- Ability to train and coach New Art and Science of Teaching.
- Ability to train and coach Intercultural Development Inventory.
- Knowledge of or the willingness to become knowledgeable in the High Reliability Schools framework.
- Knowledge and experience using district technology resources.
- Knowledge and experience integrating technology with instruction.
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to design, present, and facilitate adult learning experiences preferred.
- Experience in working with students with challenging behaviors (preferred).
- Experience with conducting professional learning activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Iowa Core.
- Mentoring and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of Professional Learning Community process and protocol
Essential Job Roles:
Instructional Coach will support building leaders to ensure effective teaching in every classroom. The following the indicators will be used to measure performance:
- Instructional Coach communicates NASOT as school wide language and model of instruction.
- Instructional Coach support teachers in establishment of growth goals based on the NASOT framework and support teachers regarding their individual progress and track their growth.
- Instructional Coach monitor the predominant instructional strategies throughout the school.
Collaborating with teachers to analyze formative and summative student achievement data.
- Assisting teachers with the use of data to improve student learning.
- Instructional Coach provide clear, ongoing feedback to teachers regarding their pedagogical strengths and weakness related to NASOT.
Assessment of learning
- Differentiation of instruction
- Dissecting standards to guide identification of essential knowledge and skills.
- Facilitating a better understanding of the structure of the written, taught, and tested curriculum.
- Instructional Coach provide job-embedded professional development that is directly related to teachers’ instructional NASOT goals.
- Provide descriptive feedback based on classroom observations.
- Instructional Coach will ensure that teachers have opportunities to observe and discuss effective teaching.
Measures of Effectiveness and Professional Growth:
- All Teacher Leader Positions will be evaluated annually in an effort to provide opportunities for the teacher to reflect upon his/her practice and peers and administration to provide feedback to enhance professional growth.
- CRCSD evaluation procedure will be used, including peer review (rubrics below).
- Survey of peers in relation to essential job elements.
- Personal Reflection on professional growth in relation to essential job elements.
- Meets or exceeds all performance targets.
- Maintenance of required documentation.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Mckinley&c=Cedar+Rapids+Community+School+District&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=3e8a0f9eb9a89075&rtk=1ea3054sl1s8p000&from=rss→