Marketing Manager – New Leader Manufacturing – Cedar Rapids, IA
New Leader Manufacturing
The Marketing Manager is responsible for all activities related to implementing market strategy and achieving marketing targets. Partnering with the leadership team, marketing team, and product and sales teams, the Marketing Manager leads in the development and implementation of messaging priorities, and lead generation and awareness campaigns. Specific responsibilities include the development of the Company’s overall marketing and branding, performing market research, planning promotion and advertising, creating promotional programs and related activities while directing the day-to-day activities of the marketing staff.
- Understands functions and responsibilities of each employee assigned to them and manages them in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to: Hiring, Performance, Discipline, and Termination / Training, Coaching, Mentoring, Guidance, and Motivation
- Effectively manages employees and/or processes to ensure all responsibilities of assigned employees are met and that each external/internal customers’ needs are met in a timely manner.
- Ensures systems utilized by department (i.e. JDE, ADP, SolidWorks, etc.) meets or exceeds needs of all company employees.
- Develops, implements, and monitors progress of short-term and long-term goals for all assigned employees.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrates confidence when navigating difficult situations/conversations and advancing ideas.
- Executes and manages short- and long-term marketing plans, programs, product launches, and budgets.
- Establishes marketing metrics to ensure effective control of marketing results and takes corrective action to achieve marketing objectives.
- Plans and oversees the organization’s advertising and promotion activities including print, electronic, web, media, public relations, incentive programs, dealer and end-user communications, branding, etc.
- Researches, analyzes, and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors so that market opportunities may be capitalized on and the effects of competitive activity may be minimized.
Productivity / Job Knowledge 15%
- Directs/leads additional areas/departments based on business needs.
- Conducts marketing surveys on current and new product concepts; hires and manages marketing research agencies.
- Oversees design, layout, paste-up, copy-writing, and production of promotional materials. May also oversee copyright process and assist in trademark process, if needed.
- Works directly with sales to ensure their marketing needs are fulfilled.
- Directs company procedures and guidelines as they relate to marketing and communications, including brand standards, communications policies, and social media policies.
- Manages marketing budget to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrates a good attendance record; is aware of the impact that missing work will have on the customer as well as co-workers.
- Completes goals/projects on time or ahead of schedule.
- Responds to work assignments and requests by being cooperative and available.
- Follows through and meets commitments.
- Available as a resource to subordinates and/or peers.
- Follows safety procedures, protocols, policies, and adheres to all SAFESTART concepts, and acts when others are not holding themselves accountable.
Act Like an Owner. 20%
- Leads by example and takes ownership in everything you do and or say.
- If you see something, say something and follow through until it’s right.
- Treats others with respect and kindness.
Be Interested. Stay Interested. 20%
- Isn’t complacent. Seizes opportunities to learn by participating in activities to increase understanding.
Create Change. Start With Yourself. 20%
- Asks “why”, is open-minded, and challenges the status quo.
- Leads and supports changes for the sake of improvement.
Seek New Perspectives. 20%
- Seeks new perspectives from all available sources to challenge your own, and brings them into your decision making process.
- Involves all stakeholders in making decisions. Is open to input from all sources.
Fail Fast. Learn Fast. 20%
- Considers long and short-term outcomes when making decisions.
- Is fearless.
- Readily admits mistakes.
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Seven (7) years directly related experience in marketing is required. A minimum of five (5) years of prior supervisory/management experience is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of marketing experience within the Agricultural industry is required. Experience managing and controlling marketing department is required. Experience should include demonstrated skills in using data to identify problems, and implement and measure solutions/improvements. Strong computer skills, including ERP, data analysis, MS Office (Excel, Word, Visio)
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Willing to travel both domestically and internationally up to four (4) weeks per year.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to sit and interface with computer systems while maintaining high level of concentration.
Position involves working indoors and outdoors with some exposure to mechanical hazards, dust, dirt, irritants, and moderate noise.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work area is usually quiet, but the employee may be exposed to shop noises for limited periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles in the plant shop. The noise level in the plant shop environment is usually loud.
We consider applicants for all position without regard to race, sex, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Marketing+Manager&c=New+Leader+Manufacturing&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=7d4c3bcfbcc1892b&rtk=1ekcisguenq19800&from=rss→