United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.Role Overview
This position is responsible for preparing, administering and coordinating production schedules in accordance with customer and engineering demand planning, utilizing a thorough understanding of
Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) and integrated relationships with procurement and the status of material resources.
- Complete understanding and application of Production Control principles, concepts, practices and standards. Can look up and fix production coordinator metrics COGI, TECO’s, less than 30 days.
- Can do problem solving/troubleshooting (lost parts/issue corrections). Tracks flow and dailyschedule adherence. Knows status on flow barriers/issues. Issuing of scrap and planned scrap monitoring.
- Monitors purchasing updates from buyers. Understands sale orders. Is able to order, and expedite,parts. Can do rescheduling and has MRP and product knowledge. Can enter Web plans.
- Works on Production Control problems of diverse scope and demonstrates good Production Controljudgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internaland external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Develops detailed schedules, material requirements lists and production plans for establishedproduct lines. Monitors production activity to ensure a smooth and controlled flow of materials timedto meet production requirements. Troubleshoots and monitors potential scheduling problems,maintaining records such as reports on production and material deficiencies.
- Receives minimal instruction on day to day work, general instruction on new assignments. Plans,schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing Production Control objectives.
- Network with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Represents org as aprime PC contact on projects. Interacts with senior internal or external personnel on significant PCmatters requiring cross-functional coordination.
Candidates for this role should possess a Requires theoretical knowledge typically obtained through University Degree. Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or three years of prior relevant experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.