Trapeze Group Limited
In certain situations, you will take on the role of a Vehicle Engineer. Essentially, you are a player/coach. In the role of the Vehicle Engineer, you will be tasked with quickly and efficiently identifying and designing ideal solutions to meet customer needs while, at the same time, assessing potential risks to the business.
In addition to these core responsibilities, you will be working with our Business Analysts to ensure the Vehicle Engineering team’s metrics are current and shared across the organization.
What you’re going to be doing:
- Coach, support, guide and direct your Vehicle Engineering team.
- Effectively manage your Vehicle Engineering team to achieve workloads and utilization that will meet business goals.
- Work closely with Professional Services, Product Management, Sales and Marketing to define detailed solutions for sales opportunities.
- Manage multiple internal and external stakeholders across various product areas.
- Own the building and maintenance of a library that contains vehicle drawings and Bill of Materials for all current and potential customers.
- Utilize industry best practices to challenge current processes and ensure that all Vehicle Engineering work is delivered with high standards of quality.
- Ensure timely and accurate design data is delivered to the purchasing and manufacturing teams.
- Manage all Vehicle Engineering metrics and monitor the performance of these key metrics.
- Assist with ad hoc requests and take on required initiatives related to improving efficiency and quality of work across the “design and build” cycle.
- You are an action oriented leader and thrive in an environment that gives you the freedom to lead.
- You are an excellent communicator and active listener.
- You are detail-oriented and centered in delivering quality.
- You are well-known for your high drive, work ethic and metric orientation.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment – if you don’t have 10+ things you are managing, the day is too boring for you.
- You possess or will quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of Trapeze’s solutions and project delivery methodology in order to propose, quote, and scope services to best meet our customers’ needs.
- You are passionate about continuous improvement and being a part of solutions that will improve the state of our business.
- You are well versed in the latest tools and technologies to support hardware and ideally vehicle drawings and documentation.
- You hold a mechanical or electrical engineering degree and have been practicing as an engineer for at least 5 years.
- It is desired you have at least 2 years of people management experience.
- You acknowledge that travel may be required up to 25%.
What’s in it for you:
- Highly dynamic, innovative, passionate, entrepreneurial team.
- Open and inclusive company culture.
- Competitive base salary and bonus compensation.
- Participation in the company success through the Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Participation in company employee benefits program.
- Flexible hours.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.