Manager, Software Engineering – Aegon – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
- Lead a team in delivering technology solutions to solve business problems.
- Direct analysis, design, and software development activities toward the implementation of complete, end-to-end solutions.
- Recommend and develop solutions which take into consideration costs, business needs, and organizational impacts.
- Manage a labor budget and ensure that work delivery meets expense and delivery targets.
- Influence and refine organization-wide standards, processes, and guidelines.
- Ensure adherence to IT best practices and the organization’s SDLC
- Develop staff through coaching, timely performance feedback, and assessments. Establish performance and development plans. Ensure a constantly rising bar of technical excellence and professional growth.
- Build strong working relationships with business product owners and other technology teams.
- Drive a culture of change, excellence, and innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in computer science, information systems, or other related technical field. Equivalent experience may be considered if the candidate holds a non-information technology degree.
- Six years of experience with software design techniques/philosophies for distributed applications, ETL processes, and enterprise reporting
- Four years of experience in delivery of large-scale technology projects involving interaction with a cross section of enterprise functions
- Four years of direct staff management
- In-depth understanding of IT roles and responsibilities – Project Management, Test Planning, QA, Data Engineering, Infrastructure, etc.
- Experience with financial information systems and reporting services
- Significant experience in cloud technologies and services
- Strong background in the execution of DevOps methodologies and continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Experience managing vendor relationships, including product/service evaluation, contract negotiations, and on-going relationship management
- Familiarity with current-state UI development frameworks and web technologies
- Results oriented with a strong customer relationship focus
- Ability to communicate with and influence technical and non-technical audiences at all organizational levels
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment and identify, define, and resolve organizational issues
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Insurance and investment industry experience
- Experience with enterprise-class accounting and related applications
- Hands-on development and design experience
- Office environment
- Work outside of normal business hours may be required
- Low to moderate travel
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Manager&c=Aegon&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=b0fd0b0ecf1eb44e&rtk=1elqu0s50o15d800&from=rss→