Job ID: 01330256
City: Cedar Rapids
Country: United States
Category: Supply Chain
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
This position leads team of intermediate to experienced Procurement professionals, setting objectives and guiding others on RFPs, negotiation strategy, cost accountability, and/or program execution. Reviews prices, manufacturing processes, and contracts and makes recommendations for changes to ensure a successful procurement process.
- Manages execution of processes, standards, and operational plans in support of Procurement strategy, including RFPs, negotiation strategy, cost accountability, and/or program execution.
- Directs programs for effective vendor selection and management with a view to minimize purchasing costs without compromising quality or reliability of supply.
- Reviews changes in price trends and manufacturing processes and makes recommendations to ensure successful procurement process.
- Manages resolution of client issues or problems.
- Monitors and coordinates suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries to ensure resolution of problems such as shortages and missed or late deliveries.
- Authorizes purchase orders, negotiates prices and approves payments to support the procurement process in large territories.
- Reviews and assesses request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages.
- Analyzes and monitors contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to help determine need for changes.
- Responsible for all aspects of the relationship with a specific supplier within a commodity.
- Directs and manages all schedules, and purchase orders for the client account or the product family.
- Ensures product is delivered on time, meets quality standards, and at the right cost.
- May perform delivery assurance responsibilities.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 3 years of prior relevant experience. US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required. Leadership experience preferred. Candidate should have Supply Chain experience. MBA preferred.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Manager&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=a3156a1bd334ccf9&rtk=1dekueln8f0jm800&from=rss→