United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Searching for a leader to join the Mission Systems Finance IPP&C team. We are looking for a candidate with strong communication, analytical and collaborative skills that enjoys working with cross-functional teams in the Finance, Engineering and LCVSM community. The ideal candidate would develop a team of analysts and schedulers to provide program performance guidance with detailed analysis and business insight to assist and influence senior leadership business decisions.
Develop talent through a collaborative assessment of current knowledge, skills and abilities and an actionable plan to achieve training, personal growth and opportunities.
- Establish individual development plans with quarterly reviews for every employee in your department
- Contribute to the development and offering of ongoing department level IPP&C training
- Mentor and coach your team daily through visible engagement
- Participate in employee succession and job rotation strategy planning
Expand your network to improve the flow of critical information to all internal and external team members ensuring it is timely and accurate.
- Establish regular communication with Program Management, Engineering and your BU Controller
- Engage and familiarize yourself with the other Finance leaders and teams (Contracts, FP&A, and Pricing)
- Develop connection with Business Development/Pursuit Teams to ensure timely and quality proposals with accurate forecasts and staffing requirements
Build relationships and trust with key customers and departments by providing valued insight, support and analysis.
- Collect and respond to customer (PM, Engineering, Finance) performance feedback annually
- Physically attend and participate in EAC, DP-D, PMR and other BU leadership discussions
- Establish an organized and value added flow of communication on BU program performance
- Strengthen your relationships and trust with other finance organizations (FP&A, Pricing, Contracts)
Ensure Compliance with all required corporate, department and government policies and regulations (i.e. FAR, CAS, GAAP, DCMA, DCAA).
- Familiarize yourself with the Earned Value System Description
- Monitor customer reporting to ensure compliance and effectiveness
- Review and approve proposals in support of future business
- Monitor PFSR to ensure information is up-to-date and variance is clearly understood
Maximize Performance of our current departmental processes by mapping, monitoring and reviewing annually for enhancements.
- Develop general understanding of IPP&C process, controls and tools
- Participate in annual review of Process Maps and Earned Value System Description
- Participate or assign delegates in support of ongoing Lean Events
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.