United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE. Manages small- to medium-sized projects.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Contracts to join our team in our Cedar Rapids, IA, location.
The Manager, Contracts (SM) position in the Software Licensing Center of Excellence team in Supply Chain Contracts is responsible for ensuring that Collins Aerospace has properly negotiated and approved agreements for the licensing of software for use in Collins Aerospace products or for use internally. The position will be responsible for working with Engineering, Program Management, Finance and Supply Chain personnel to ensure license agreements are executed, tracked and managed appropriately. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Act as the focal point to guide and instruct the engineering community on proper use and licensing of software to be used in Collins Aerospace products or for internal use.
- Negotiate and plan efforts to license software from suppliers, including the development of strategies to meet business objectives.
- Review license terms for acceptability with company policies and procedures as well as other requirements provided by company leadership. Present information to company leadership.
- Provide direction to engineering teams on the use of Open Source software including governing policies and procedures.
- Develop professional contracts expertise, negotiate with suppliers, and prepare and finalize contractual agreements.
- Brief senior management as required.
- Possess general understanding and use of internal software systems, including contract databases and other tools necessary to perform the work.
- May provide inputs to further develop and enhance the internal wiki pages, website and various other reports.
- Coordination with Corporate Finance to ensure payment obligations are paid and reported.
- May be responsible for the development of reports and their purposes.
- Build productive working relationships internally and externally. Frequently interact with internal customers and external supplier contacts. Represent organization on projects.
- Support program or project related tasks as assigned by Supply Chain leadership.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card)
- Direct software experience or knowledge with the software development life cycle process is required
- Collins Aerospace experience is preferred
- Software licensing experience preferred
- Experience working with suppliers preferred
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
Life insurance and disability coverage
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.