What You’ll Do
This is a part time position that will average fewer than 30 hours per week. Work hours for this position will be scheduled to support the 24/7 operation and may vary by location with irregular hours depending on workload.
The primary responsibility of the Management Trainee Intern is to gain valuable experience within operations, sales, customer service and administration. The intern is assigned projects related to logistics and various areas in supply chain while also gathering understanding of other functions of the business.
The intern gains exposure to equipment management, transportation coordination, operations planning, as well as involvement in areas such as freight bills and tariff/rate quotations. This position requires collaboration and relationship building with colleagues and customers to achieve personal and team goals.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyze, monitor and report on service center metrics such as service, efficiency and Supply Chain KPIs, NPS results, cross selling trends
- Conduct research for various projects and document findings
- Develop an understanding of the Service Center and how they collaborate with other departments
- Utilize a variety of computer programs and applications for shipment tracing, monitoring equipment inventory and supporting both internal and external customers
- Research best practices and other Supply Chain management trends for the industry
- Resolve issues and perform root cause analysis in order to improve processes using the ArcBest Quality Process
- Conduct compliance checks to ensure accordance with agency (OSHA, EPA, etc.) as well as Company, state and local law requirements
- Develop and deliver presentations to management during internship
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the vision, values and culture of the organization
- Assist in timely technology-enabled visibility
- Participate in and conduct pre-shift meetings
- Provide support to service center operations team & local sales team, as needed which could include U-Pack support, sales lead generation, market research
- Communicate efficiently with internal and external customers
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages
- Other duties and projects, as assigned
Education: Pursuing a degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or Business with junior or senior standing. Other related degrees will be considered for those seeking a career in logistics.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Suite
Skills and Abilities
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to serve both internal and external customers by focusing effort on meeting the customers’ needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to be structured and methodical in working skills. Pays meticulous attention to all aspects of the situation or task, no matter how small or seemingly unimportant.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method for performing a task.
- Negotiation Skills – Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Self-motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize and utilize the available time to organize and complete the work within given deadlines.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.