Cedar Rapids Community School District
Posting Start Date: 4/09/2019
Posting End Date: 5/3/2019
Location: Educational Leadership & Support Center
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Administrative Meet & Confer
EMPLOYMENT DATE: June 17, 2019
Under the supervision of the Manager of Building & Grounds the Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the following:
- Day to day oversight of the District’s physical plant, ensuring it operates at peak performance.
- Respond to emergencies during and after standard hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Directs and supervises the work of the maintenance mechanic staff, including but not limited to, plumbers, electricians, HVAC technicians.
- Ability to effectively learn, understand, and lead the maintenance department and its personnel on a continued growth pattern of excellence.
- Act as a liaison between the maintenance and other District departments.
- Effectively schedule external, as well as internal, maintenance projects.
- Reviews and approves requisitions for equipment and supplies needed to accomplish the functions of the maintenance department.
- Evaluates the performance of maintenance staff personnel.
- Work cooperatively with other personnel/departments to provide the services necessary for a safe teaching and learning environment.
- Ensures that maintenance staff are informed of departmental expectations, properly trained and competent for work assigned to them.
- Assess incidents, complaints, etc. for the purpose of resolving or recommending a resolution to the situation.
- Performs other varied functions as may be assigned by the Buildings and Grounds Manager.
- Position is considered a full-time position, 40 hours a week. Hours – 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Capable of representing the District in a professional manner, which includes but is not limited to confidentiality, communication skills, and ability to present a professional personal image.
- Must be able to successfully use, maintain, and manipulate Microsoft Office Professional Software (Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Word). Also, must be able to successfully use, maintain, and manipulate department software.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision, self-motivated
- Demonstrates leadership skills, organizational ability, and prioritizing skills.
- Good listening skills with the ability to negotiate to resolve differences.
- Possess a valid Iowa Driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the District’s insurance carrier.
- Able to adhere to District policies and department procedures.
- Able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Excellent attendance and work history.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
- High level of experience and knowledge in Heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- High level of experience and troubleshooting knowledge with environmental controls for the HVAC systems.
- High level of experience and knowledge of boiler and boiler pump operations.
- Experience with building exhaust fan circulation systems.
- Experience with plumbing and electrical systems.
- Experience with food grade kitchen and food service equipment
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Experience with BAS/Energy Management Systems.
- Experience writing performance reviews, policies & procedures and updating manuals preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and implement ideas contained in technical documents, reports, regulations, etc.
- Ability to assist staff, community members, and all who have inquiries in seeking information.
Ability to perform mathematical functions such as addition, subtractions, multiplication, division, percentages, decimals and fractions.
Ability to solve problems effectively.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrators, colleagues, community members, staff and students. Ability to speak clearly and concisely both in oral and written communication. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all District requirements and Board of Education policies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle and/or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk and hear. The employee will frequently use hands and fingers. The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp items. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person while performing the duties of this job. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus while working with equipment, computers, written materials, reports, assessment data, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is often quiet but may become loud in large group settings. The position requires the commitment of professional working hours that will require the employee arrive and leave as directed and will require the employee to extend beyond a typical 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. workday. The employee will usually work in indoor temperatures but will be required to perform work in outdoor environments as well.
The information contained in this job description follows the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.The Cedar Rapids Community School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The District does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.
Federal law obligates an employer to provide reasonable accommodation for the known disabilities of applicants, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship on the employer. If you or someone you know requires accommodation in the hiring process, contact the Executive Director of Human Resources at 319-558-2747.
Salary and Benefit
Salary: Salary- $65,000 – 70,000
Non-Administrative Meet & Confer Group
Name: Jonathan Galbraith
Title: Buildings and Grounds Manager
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (319) 558-2202
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.