Job ID: 01327748
City: Cedar Rapids
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is responsible for assisting engineers with general engineering engineering related support activities included administrative, documentation, and process improvement. Must demonstrate the ability to support several engineers, providing a wide variety of administrative and computer skills to assist engineering projects. Performs project non-technical duties. Acts as process and tool expert for engineering design teams. Must possess ability to coordinate and lead activities as well as strong organization and analytical skills.
- Edits format of software/hardware documentation. Interfaces with technicians, engineers and engineering managers to create/edit documentation. Verifies change requests are in the proper state and implement into documentation. Performs data conversion using various application media for software development or project file maintenance.
- Coordinate, track and report status for inquiries and problem resolution during the pre-release, release, and revision of development/product related documentation.
- Provides tools expertise and support to Engineering: MS Office Apps, requirements capture databases, change management and tracking tools. Generate reports as required.
- Assists in tracking action items, and tasks in the change management tools.
- Facilitates the Bid & Proposal process and follows up with bidding engineers in order to meet deadlines.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Serves as a liaison between engineering teams, management and the customer.
- Builds productive working relationships internally and externally on occasion. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- Generally works on moderately difficult assignments which are given in terms of objectives to be accomplished and priorities to be followed. Requires judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Normally receives little instruction on routine work, general instructions on new projects or assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
Job Skills & Attributes:
- Cooperation – Recognizes that individual goals contribute toward accomplishing team outcomes.
- Coordinating – Demonstrates the ability to circulate information through the proper channels.
- Customer Service Orientation – Generally applies fundamental service techniques and adheres to proper customer procedures when interacting with customers.
- Dependability – Demonstrates the ability to follow through with work assignments and support management’s policies and procedures.
- Detail Orientation – Is able to provide the status of work assignments at any time and can quickly produce any documentation or information that is needed.
- Relationships – Displays a compassionate attitude toward the needs of others.
- Time Management – Maintains a daily to-do list which helps to prioritize schedule.
- Writing – Uses language that is business appropriate in written documents.
Knowledge, Tools and Skills:
Must demonstrate the ability to communicate with a wide variety of technical and management personnel. Must possess extensive PC tool knowledge in all Microsoft Office applications. Must have the ability to coordinate several projects and complex engineering support activities while balancing priorities and schedules. Must have the desire and willingness to commit to continued learning. Experience in MS Word and MS Excel is required,
must have 5+ years JAMA, JIRA, DOORS, and ALM experience
High School Diploma or equivalent plus 7 years experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Lead+Tech+Engineer+Service&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=12759fe12a6e321d&rtk=1de0bib3u1e1p000&from=rss→