Cedar Rapids Community School District
Teacher Leadership/Teacher Leadership
2019-2020 School Year
Lead Teacher – Homeschool Assistance Program Supervised by: Executive Director, Teaching and Learning
- This position serves as the lead teacher at Homeschool Assistance Program (HSAP). This will require collaboration with all CRCSD schools as well as district office staff.
# of Positions:
- 1 (1.0FTE)
Total Days of Service:
- 191 days
- Up to ten additional days at $340/day
- Standard Iowa Teaching License with five years of teaching experience with at least three years of experience in the Cedar Rapids Community School District preferred.
- A commitment to supporting the growth of others and the belief that adult learning is essential to student learning.
- Basic level of knowledge and experience using district technology resources and willingness to learn other platforms as necessary: Microsoft Office, Office 365, current computer operating systems, Canvas, iOS devices, interactive whiteboards.
- Broad knowledge of innovative, community-based learning models.
- Experience with conducting professional learning activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Iowa Core, 21st Century skills, the C3 framework, and NGSS standards and how they manifest in authentic, contextually-rich projects.
- Knowledge of Professional Learning Communities process and protocol.
- Provides direction and leadership for HSAP consistent with the District vision, mission, and focus
- Seeks to grows and enhance HSAP
- Coordinates the intake process of new students
- Organizes major program events
- Plans and implements staff meetings and PD/PLC activities
- Manages and oversees staff and the CRHSAP program on a day to day basis
- Creates and manages schedules, calendars, time, and mileage for CRHSAP staff
- Supervises 20 families
- Teaches enrichment classes
- Oversees dual enrollment: inputs schedules and communicates information to families and appropriate district personnel
- In district and out of district program liaison
- Communicates and maintain positive relationships with parents, district staff, and community.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Works collaboratively and collegially with building and district administrators and staff, and the staff assigned to HSAP.
Professional Learning & School Improvement
- Provides school site coaching and support on a regular basis.
- Supports Professional Learning Community at HSAP.
- Willingness to extend knowledge of adult learning strategies.
- Collaborate and communicate as member of the district professional learning team to ensure alignment with district goals and key initiatives and support the learning environment.
- Designs and contributes strategies and professional learning materials to the larger collective.
- Develops and provides professional learning associated with district initiatives related to innovation to HSAP staff and other staff as necessary.
- Facilitates the SIP process-pre-planning, follow-up with school teams, mid-year review, and implementation.
Measures of Effectiveness and Professional Growth:
- All Teacher Leader positions will be evaluated annually in an effort to provide opportunities for the teacher to reflect upon his/her practice and peers and administration to provide feedback to enhance professional growth.
- CRCSD evaluation procedure will be used, including peer review.
- Survey of peers in relation to essential job elements.
- Personal reflection on professional growth in relation to essential job elements.
- Meets or exceeds all performance targets.
- Maintenance of required documentation.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.