Laborer Grounds Maintenance – Ho-Chunk – Cedar Rapids, IA
The Grounds Maintenance Laborer is responsible for general grounds maintenance and upkeep of all areas including the exterior of buildings and roadways. Shift will be at least 8 hours with longer hours for snow removal related duties. Shift may adjust if Project Manager is absent or on vacation. May be on call for all weather-related hazards, grounds and custodial employee needs. Monday-Friday with an occasional weekend during snow related conditions with the snow contractors.
- Police grounds for trash multiple times a day for any notable issues, especially before business hours.
- Inspect and maintain grounds, trees, mulch, grass, shrubs, irrigation, Waterbird system, and water cistern.
- Perform fertilization, aeration, spring start up and winterization and all other maintenance of grounds as needed per contract specifications.
- Water lawn manually where required with sprinklers or hoses.
- Supervise work by all grounds and snow removal contractors while they are on site. Open bollards as needed for snow removal contractors.
- Shovel, plow or blow snow from drives and walks in all applicable areas on property.
- Follow all requirements and procedures in snow and landscaping plans per contract.
- Apply ice melt and/or sand to icy or potentially slippery areas.
- Report and update project manager about all snow or landscaping related issues.
- Maintain all grounds and snow removal equipment.
- Mow, trim, weed control, and blow off grounds. Rake leaves and remove debris from grounds where needed.
- Monitor weather reports for the area in order to plan and organize appropriate efforts accordingly.
- Perform all custodial and related miscellaneous duties as assigned by Project Manager.
- Perform supervisory duties as directed by the Project Manager in his/her absence.
- Perform laundry related duties as needed.
- Participate in monthly contract meetings with Project Manager and GSA for grounds and snow removal discussions.
- Understand and have working knowledge of all contract related policies, procedures and plans for custodial, grounds, pest control, recycling and sanitation responsibilities.
- Reporting of security or maintenance issues to security or GSA.
- Inspect, clean, and power wash garages as needed.
- Conduct training of new custodial staff as directed by the Project Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the use of hand tools, including shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers and axes.
- Knowledge of Personal Protective Equipment as well as the proper use and requirements for the job task being performed.
- Skill in the use of power tools commonly used in grounds maintenance.
- Ability to work with little supervision and display mature judgement.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to work cooperatively and safely with others on common projects.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Six (6) months previous experience in grounds maintenance.
- Must be able to pass a security background check to gain access to a U.S. Court House.
- Valid State driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job. The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development. are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate. The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Laborer+Ground+Maintenance&c=Ho-Chunk&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=9cd9be7234fb50fc&rtk=1ejg8fsg1o20r800&from=rss→