Forterra Concrete Products, Inc.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: This position works eight hours per day, five days per week and occasionally includes daily overtime and Saturday work. General laborers operate a variety of equipment and perform all types of construction and maintenance related work in the manufacturing and production process of concrete products.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operation of light, medium and heavy equipment including fork truck, front end loader and bobcat.
- Operation of various hand‐operated tools related to construction work.
- Maintains equipment and performs daily inspections of equipment.
- Sets up forms in the manufacturing production process of concrete products.
- Places steel reinforcing in forms in the manufacturing production process.
- Places concrete into forms.
- Tears down forms after the concrete is cured.
- Cleans and lubricates forms to be used in the manufacturing production process.
- Places covers and positions steam lines for curing process.
- Must be able to follow all appropriate safety practices.
HOURS OF WORK:
- 8 hour shift typically. Overtime as required.
- Two 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch per 8 hour shift.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB: (including but not limited to)
- Metatarsal boots (above the ankle)
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Hard hat
- Pants – full length
- Dust particle mask
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB: (including but not limited to)
- Heavy concrete vibrator
- Light concrete vibrator
- Large socket wrench
- Twister – hand operated
- Mechanical twister
- Various hand tools
- Fork trucks
- Front‐end loader
- Various components of concrete forms
- 8’ stepladder
- Vibrator cart
- Drott crane
- Steel mesh clips
- Two‐wheeled hand cart for the movement of hole forms
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Majority of work is performed outside.
- Lighting: natural lighting, supplemental lighting as needed.
- Space: outdoor work in open environment.
- Temperature: seasonal extremes of hot and cold are encountered.
- Flooring: primarily concrete and gravel; snow, ice or mud may be encountered.
- Noise: continuous noise levels of 80 DB, may be higher on occasion.
SIGNIFICANT WORK‐SITE MEASUREMENTS:
- Heavy vibrator – 140#
- Light vibrator – 40#
- Vibrator cart push/pull – 50# smooth surface or 80# rough surface (may be less than 80# on muddy surfaces)
- Placement sites for light vibrator: 16, 33”, 62” and 79”
- Up to 7’ reach for attachment of mesh clips
- 2’ forward/downward reach for work on bridge beam
- 8’ stepladder to climb up forms
- Steps for fork truck @ 20”, 33.5”, and 50.5” with handholds available
- Small hole former – 75# to lift, 45# pull force to tip up
- 10# grip force for holding/operating twister
- 40‐45# grip required to turn large socket on vibrator bolt
- 75# to tighten vibrator bolt with large socket
- 60# pull force to loosen vibrator bolt
- Floor to waist lift to place heavy vibrator on placement site
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.