United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
This is an opportunity to join a highly skilled technical team! Team members gain experience in supporting some of the most complex computing environments within our company. We work in partnership with Engineering Programs on a variety of different technical platforms. This is a fast-paced environment in which you won’t have to worry about passing the time or working on repetitive tasks. Everyday brings something different!
This position will be to assist in providing Second/Third Tier support for non-standard/legacy computer administration for engineering and operations labs. Includes the deployment and maintenance of small/medium-sized compute environments that are isolated from the production network. Maintains Information Systems that align with contractual/government regulation per Rockwell Collins GS Security guidance
- Demonstrates excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Works under limited supervision to provide assistance in one or more disciplines within IT (e.g. business and technical application, IT infrastructure, security and compliance, desktop support, etc.).
- Interacts effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrates problem solving and analytical skills, particularly with PC, server, & printer hardware
- Conducts basic documentation activities, including operation documents, user feedback, user manual, etc.
- Provides end users with desktop and system support to solve basic problems.
- Coordinates installation of basic hardware, software, operating systems and network hardware.
- Coordinates system maintenance, updates, upgrades and enhancements.
- Stores and retrieves data of system capabilities and operation performance.
- Documents computer security and emergency measures policies, procedures, and tests.
- Installs, configures, administers, supports and maintains systems, including associated hardware assets.
- Identifies, prioritizes, researches and resolves problems.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
- Ensures data integrity
- Makes decisions affecting user access.
- Performs a variety of duties in support of computer, network and client server units.
- Resolves difficult customer situations and escalate issues when appropriate
Candidates for this role should possess a HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Lab+Support+Technician&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=79e33a1e7808103f&rtk=1deslpndbbe1v800&from=rss→