Knowledge Management Intern (Summer 2021) – Collins Aerospace – Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
The Engineering Support Services team, within Central Engineering Services, has an opening for a Knowledge Management Intern within the Operational Support team. This position will report directly to the Operational Support team leader. Candidate will provide support to the project manager with planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating functional Business Unit events and activities to achieve cost, schedule, and performance requirements.
Provides project management support to help plan, coordinate and execute events within Mission Systems Engineering & Technology for various Knowledge Management efforts.
- Support and drive key strategic initiatives including best practices, templates, toolkits, to enhance the employee experience, on-boarding, diversity and inclusion.
- Organize and lead collaboration meetings virtually and in-person
- Communication with internal customer various levels of leadership
- Collaborate with Human Resources, Enterprise Engineering, Mission Systems Engineering and other groups to publicize and promote knowledge sharing initiatives
- Complete projects in a timely fashion.
- Organize, gather and analyze information for a variety of projects.
- Skills developed: Strong Organization and conceptualized thinking skills, Coordination/Planning, Project Management, Strategy, Communication, Creative writing
- Individual job duties may vary.
- Experience leading projects and working in a team environment
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of workplace communications skills.
- Must be friendly and eager to work and learn.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills.
- Must be courteous and respectful with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Intern may be asked to perform other duties by the staff or supervisor. Intern will be evaluated on performance of the projects listed as well as interaction with employees and clients. Work hours will be negotiated with each candidate.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Knowledge+Management+Intern&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=8f9646ccc697b274&rtk=1era11uf4o21n800&from=rss→