The Admissions Advisor is responsible for advising and counseling prospective students over the phone and/or via email and chat technology. Utilizing the university’s admissions process, this role provides accurate information regarding academic programs, application requirements and enrollment procedures. In addition, s/he provides any admissions-related information to the student while exercising the highest levels of integrity in customer service throughout the student’s experience at Purdue University Global.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Advise and counsel the students through the Admissions process and facilitate the collection of all required Admissions documents relevant to the first term start.
- Conduct interviews and evaluate each prospective student based on his/her needs, desires, interests, qualifications, motivations, and commitments.
- Convey accurate, independently verifiable information in the proper context to enable applicants to make well-informed decisions to attend Purdue University Global.
- Know, maintain, adhere to, and comply with all applicable corporate, state and federal regulatory rules and policies for Admissions as prescribed by Purdue University Global and the Department of Education.
- Maintain continual contact with the student, providing the highest level of customer service throughout their journey at Purdue Global.
- Provide accurate and timely information regarding academic programs, application and enrollment procedures and requirements as well as any Admissions related information to the student.
- Be responsible for keeping current with program changes as well as to participate in programs for self-improvement and career development.
- Ensure prospective students have realistic expectations regarding their course of study by adhering strictly to established standards for Admissions.
- Act ethically and with integrity that is above reproach and fulfills all requirements of the Purdue University Global Admissions Code of Conduct document.
- Facilitate interdepartmental communications between Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Services, and Academics for the purpose of enhancing the Admissions Process and creating a positive team oriented atmosphere.
- Ensure that adequate, accurate and timely student records are created and maintained during the Admissions Process and are forwarded to other departments as appropriate.
- Assist other members of the Admissions department in routine and occasional activities as defined by your supervisor, and to perform other duties as assigned by the Admissions management.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in Sales, Admissions, Call Center or Customer Service. Outbound call center experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, metrics driven and measured performance work environment
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Must be results driven, highly motivated, self-starter as well as adaptable to changing environments
- Must be able to work some evenings and/or weekend schedules based on business needs
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.