Cedar Rapids Community School District
Short term Contracts-Teaching/STC-T
- Each committee member will be expected to be knowledgeable about Iowa Core Social Studies Standards and Social Studies instructional strategies aligned to the Iowa Core.
- Each committee member will also be expected to be engaged in professional learning around instructional shifts as outlined in the Iowa Core and to assist in the creation of priority standards-aligned instructional materials, including assessments, units of study, and lessons.
* Each committee member will also attend up to 8 hours of curriculum drafting on one day during the first week of June after the end of the contract year.
- All work outside/beyond the teaching contract will be compensated at the per diem rate.
- Each committee member will be expected to be actively engaged in the work and maintain positive relationships with other committee members.
- The committee members will support, implement, and monitor the district curriculum, standards, and common assessments.
- Certified and contracted Cedar Rapids Community School District K-5 Social Studies teachers currently teaching (or assigned to teach in the 18-19 school year) social studies.
- per diem rate for up to 22 hours.
- Application deadline is 02/20/2019
The information contained in this job description is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
The Cedar Rapids Community School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.
Apply on line or contact the Work Force Center, 4444 First Avenue NE Suite #436. Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52402.
K-12 Humanities Content Lead
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.