Iceberg Web Design
Remote or local full-time position
Are you looking to hone your web design skills in a fast-paced environment with an energetic group or people who have a true passion for their work?
Iceberg Web Design is looking for a motivated individual to join our team as a full-time Junior Website Designer!
We are looking for a motivated self-starter and a quick study. WordPress experience is preferred, though not necessary. A good eye for design will help you excel in this position.
We are considering applicants locally and nationwide. As part of your job may be working remotely, your ability to communicate quickly and efficiently through various channels (email, video chat, and Slack) will be necessary.
Company and Job Overview
Iceberg Web Design is a leading website development company located in Anoka, Minnesota. We specialize in custom website development, and take pride in providing top notch, responsive customer service. “We are website developers who answer the phone!”
As a Junior Website Designer, you will be working under our Lead Website Designer to build out custom websites in WordPress. You will also be working on integrating key features into websites, such as team biographies and photographs, events, online job postings, forms, and map locations. Additionally, you will assist other team members with Quality Assurance and assisting with minor development tasks.
If hired as a remote employee, you will be required to have a computer with access to high speed internet. You will need to be comfortable communicating daily with staff in Minnesota, and keeping our Lead Website Designer updated on your progress and aware of any obstacles you encounter. Iceberg will assist to provide any necessary resources you need to efficiently complete your job (software licenses, for example).
- Working with Iceberg’s design team and Project Manager on new projects to build out static pages in WordPress;
- Working with Iceberg’s support team to make updates to existing websites, as necessary;
- Building out contact forms (primarily using Gravity Forms);
- Building out location maps, and locations;
- Working with blog posts and featured images;
- Using a Page Builder to visually style pages and sections in websites;
- Communicating with the Iceberg team daily, to discuss new projects and progress made on current projects;
- Assisting Iceberg’s website designers with quality assurance prior to website launch;
- Assisting with administrative tasks as necessary;
- Graphic design work, if applicable, and depending on your skill set.
- Bachelor’s or degree or equivalent;
- Strong ability to independently problem solve and make decisions;
- Exceptional organization skills including attention to detail and data entry accuracy;
- Proficiency using Google Documents;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience working with WordPress;
- HTML and CSS experience preferred;
- Graphic design experience beneficial;
- Ability to communicate frequently and efficiently via email; good grammatical and spelling capabilities.
Time Commitment, Compensation and Benefits
- Full time, entry-level salaried position (36-40 hours/week);
- Compensation commensurate with experience;
- Hands-on, paid training;
- Paid holidays (including your birthday!);
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year;
- Comprehensive Health & Dental, 401(k), and AFLAC supplemental insurance available after 120 days.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to careers @ icebergwebdesign.com. Applicants must put the phrase “Penguin Design!” in the subject line. Applications submitted through Indeed will not be considered.
You may also apply in person at our office in Anoka:
Iceberg Web Design
203 Jackson Street, Suite 201
Anoka, MN 55303
Job Type: Full-time
Iceberg Web Design is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.