IT Support Consultant – Clinical Support Specialist – The University of Iowa – Iowa City, IA
The University of Iowa
$48,500 a year
Full Job Description
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics department of Health Care Information Systems is seeking an IT Support Consultant to perform advanced configuration and installation of IT hardware and software in an enterprise IT environment and afterhours help desk support. Collaborates closely with leadership and peer teams to promote collaboration and consistent service delivery. Embraces the adoption of best practices, centralized IT management, standardization, documentation, customer service excellence and the continual improvement approach to IT. Exercises all workflows while maintaining state and institutional policies and alignment with organizational objectives. Provides training to internal team members and peer IT teams as applicable. Creates project deliverables through installation and troubleshooting of wired and wireless computing devices. Performs work in clinical, critical care, research and departmental environments, interacting with all levels of personnel, patients and visitors.
- Week 1 | Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday | 6:30pm-6:30am
- Week 2 | Sunday, Monday, Tuesday | 6:00pm-7:00am
- Clinical Support employees assigned to non-traditional M-F, 8:00am-5:00pm shifts may be eligible for administrative differential pay.
Health Care Information Systems (HCIS) provides and supports information and communication systems and technology that facilitate quality patient care, progressive medical education, and innovative research.
HCIS services University of Iowa Health Care by providing comprehensive, high level support for patient care delivery, internal and external communication, technology innovation, medical education, and research. Creating and maintaining a positive, productive, and rewarding environment for information technology and communication staff.
Pay Grade: https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/professional-and-scientific-pay-structure
Salary: $48,500 to commensurate – 4A
The University of Iowa offers a generous benefits package, including 24 days paid vacation per year to start and paid sick leave. Complete information regarding the full benefits package may be viewed at https://hr.uiowa.edu/benefits
Percent of Time: 100%
Location: 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242
Staff Type: Professional & Scientific
Type of Position: Regular
Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience, typically 1-3 years, supporting workstations running Windows 7/10 and MS Office 2010/2013/2016/365
- Professional experience working with desktop hardware and software in a managed workstation environment.
- Experience utilizing remote IT support tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with a diverse population of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to move and install IT equipment.
Highly Desirable Qualification:
- Experience working in a Health Care IT environment
- Experience with technical process documentation intended for both IT professionals and non-technical customers.
- Support experience with wired and wireless networking and security concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to disarm escalated situations and/or difficult customers.
- Experience with IT Service Management Change Management, Continuous Improvement Initiatives, ITIL, LEAN and/or Project Coordination.
- Experience supporting wide array of connected peripheral equipment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment that requires excellent time management skills and flexibility to balance workload.
In order to be considered, applicants must upload a resume (under submission relevant materials) that clearly addresses how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position. A cover letter is desired as part of the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background and credential check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=IT+Support+Consultant&c=The+University+of+Iowa&l=Iowa+City%2C+IA&jk=2596f533b05a6cb8&rtk=1eutsvdpbo1le800&from=rss→