Iowa Student Water Treatment (3655) – ENGIE North America Inc. – Iowa City, IA
ENGIE North America Inc
This position supports the team that provides Quality Water Services to multiple customers across our campuses. This group maintains water treatment and measures water quality for buildings that are utilizing water softening, reverse osmosis, deionization, distillation processes and swimming pool and spa water quality, as well as heating and cooling loops. These positions may also assist with development and execution of materials inventory tracking, or installed inventory, using a variety of computer programs, and will learn to perform analysis of key data indicating need for replacement or upgrade of equipment to ensure quality water is delivered.
What you’ll do:
Student may independently conduct water sampling using prescribed techniques, and some light maintenance without direct supervision.
Student may assist with retrieval and analysis of sampling results, developing and maintaining trending of readings to help identify maintenance needs or design flaws leading to poor quality water.
- Independently identify leaks and malfunctions in water treatment systems and contact the Water Services Planner to develop a Corrective Work Order in the CMMS.
- Efficiently develop and maintain results and analyses of water quality for systems across campus, working at the direction of the Manager, Quality Water Services, to help uncover water quality issues and maintenance needs.
- Maintain equipment inventory databases, working at the direction of Manager, Quality Water Services and/or Water Services Planner. Inventory could be retained in spreadsheet, database, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), or ArcGIS, depending on dataset and usage.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Students must be enrolled at the University of Iowa.
- Prefer students in Engineering, Chemistry, or Environmental Science programs.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to detect and understand audible alarms, detect changes in noise levels of rotating equipment and portable radio communication.
- Capable of frequently standing; walking; balancing; sitting; climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks and the like as required); kneeling; pushing; pulling; lifting
- Capable of performing repetitive motions as required.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to half and full-face respirators, fall protection equipment, hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment can exceed moderate.
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as “protected characteristics”) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
: Operations / Production sites
: North America-United States-Iowa-Iowa City
: ENA Cities & Communities
Nature of Responsibility
: Operational / Administrative role
: Feb 2, 2021, 7:31:41 PM
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Iowa+Student+Water+Treatment&c=ENGIE+North+America&l=Iowa+City%2C+IA&jk=40b066f425e8b425&rtk=1etprhr13305k000&from=rss→