Patten Industries, Inc.
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Job Summary: This position is responsible for properly maintaining parts inventory at various branch locations within predetermined inventory turn objectives and customer service levels.
- Maintains established inventory levels and customer service objectives through daily analysis of reports.
- Orders and transfers product daily to fill stock requirements.
- Determines the items to be stocked and the quantities of each based on various criteria.
- Reviews surplus of parts for annual surplus returns.
- Maintains daily contact with branches to resolve inventory and shipping order discrepancies.
- Query writing to create and maintain spreadsheets to report and analyze data.
- Apply price files to the dealer business system and manager daily inventory counts for all Caterpillar and non-Caterpillar parts.
- Establishes and supports parts marketing claims for business opportunities.
- Files claims on a daily basis and work with parts and service to ensure programs are utilized consistently.
- Produces financial and parts inventory performance reports for each location and other reports for management.
- Work with the parts, service, accounting and IT department on any issues relating to parts inventory processes.
- Responsible for providing inventory training to each location. Discuss issues and opportunities for improving inventory procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Four years computerized inventory control experience or a two year college degree in math, business, logistics or related area.
- Computer literate required. Must be familiar with programs such as Microsoft, Excel, Outlook and Cat inventory system.
- Must be able to travel to other store locations to provide training and attending meetings when needed.
- Ability to follow all safety rules and wear proper safety equipment in the shop/warehouse.
- Must be a self-starter with good time management and ability to multitask.
- Excellent planning & organizational skills required.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written, e-mail, and verbal) are necessary.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. This includes no more than 2 minor violations within the past 3 years and no major violations within the past 5 years (Motor Vehicle Report will be performed on final candidate).
Altorfer Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals- including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply. We encourage all applicants to complete a Voluntary Self-Identification form obtained on the application or available upon request.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
This position mainly works in an office but may be required to work in a warehouse/shop environment. May on a continuous basis walk, bend and lift up to 50lbs. May be required to wear appropriate safety equipment (IE- Safety glasses or side shields and steel toed shoes) when needed. The noise level in the warehouse/shop environment is usually moderate to high and office environment noise level is usually moderate to low. May intermittently sit at a desk for a period of time to answer telephone calls and write or use a keyboard to communicate through email. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Some travel is required. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.