International Sales Manager – Freund-Vector Corporation – Marion, IA
POSITION FUNCTION: Responsible for implementing the company’s international sales strategy and contributing to the pricing strategy in the designated territory. Need to actively participate in the development and expansion of the territory. Coordinate, manage, and lead all phases of in-house sales activities for designated territory. As required, travel to the customer site to support field sales. Research customer/market requirements and competitive offerings to identify sales opportunities and establish new product development priorities.
Required Education: High School graduate and 4-year degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering or equivalent experience required.
Experience: 6-8 years experience in a Sales or Marketing capacity within a durable goods industry required with 2-3 years sales management experience.
Required Skills: Must be able to communicate on a technically competent level with all departments in the company and with existing and prospective customers; Must have experience with the complexity and pitfalls of international sales; Must be able to work without direct supervision and maintain complete confidentiality when required.
Physical Requirements: Will normally work for extended hours especially when traveling. Must be able to climb and descent stairs several times daily.
Mental Requirements: Required drive and persistence; Must have a good sense of propriety and judgement; Must have ability to handle stress produced by the complexities of international business, and time differences.
Travel: May be required to travel 20% to 50% of the time for significant periods to customer sites overseas.
Duties and Requirements:
1. Prepare quotations, provide correspondence, develop quotation sales strategies, establish special pricing, and provide information as requested by the customer and/or field sales. Perform follow-up directly or through field sales. As required, travel to customer site to provide technical support and assistance.
2. Develop and implement market based strategies for improving Vector’s position in the market place.
3. Establish market based selling prices and gross margin targets. Direct internal efforts required to attain gross margin targets.
4. Work with Project Management in the execution of sold order projects. Resolve any issues and/or clarifications that arise throughout the project execution process through startup.
5. Direct sales representatives in territory and provide assistance in training and sales support as necessary on marketing and selling their assigned product lines.
6. Manage selected in-house accounts.
7. Coordinate installation and start-up activities between Vector and the customer.
8. Actively solicit additional representation in unassigned territories/countries.
9. Provide technical presentations and speeches to Vector’s customers as required.
10. Gather and analyze competitive literature and promotional activities; Relay appropriate information to field sales personnel and the sales support group.
11. Assist in planning for and participating in trade shows and sales meetings.
12. Assist in and coordinate efforts for development and introduction of new products.
13. Organize itinerary and host visitors performing product testing in the laboratory or equipment acceptance tests.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
To keep our employees safe, we require social distancing and masks to be worn at all times when out of work area. In addition, we have increased cleaning frequency to further mitigate the spread of COVID at the facility.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Sales or Marketing within a durable goods industry: 6 years (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- 25% (Required)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=International+Sales+Manager&c=Freund-Vector+Corporation&l=Marion%2C+IA&jk=3a1c5069ec6c5df8&rtk=1em7q1bgrnplm800&from=rss→