Grow your skills alongside a high-performing communication and marketing team.
You will work on high-profile public events, partner with our creative team, create engaging employee communications, and participate in the media relations process. This experience will give you a variety of opportunities that will build your portfolio and prepare you for the next step in your career.
- Pay: Competitive wage earning between $14.00 – $16.00/hour
- Hours: Flexible first shift hours
- Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
- Start Date: May 13, 20 or 28th
An internship with Alliant Energy is your opportunity to apply your coursework to challenging and meaningful projects. Last summer we had over 70 interns between our Iowa and Wisconsin locations who were able to network and learn about Alliant Energy through an over-night kick-off event, executive luncheon, volunteer events, and other opportunities. You’ll continue to develop your skills through meaningful work, plant tours and more!
Hear directly from students what they liked best about interning at Alliant Energy: https://www.alliantenergy.com/internship
Apply today to explore this opportunity to learn and contribute to the Alliant Energy team!
Alliant Energy will not consider individuals in F1 visa status for this position.
This may include:
- Planning, developing and helping implement communication plans
- Marketing and integration of new opportunities
- Using creativity and interpersonal skills to help develop communication materials
We are looking for students who:
- Are pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or a related major
- Currently hold a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Have a strong video production software aptitude
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have leadership, club, and/or organizational involvement
- Have an active interest, fresh ideas and a desire to learn about the energy industry
- Are capable of working independently
- Have the ability to work effectively in a diverse work environment
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Energize your future and apply today at www.alliantenergy.com/careers.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.