What You Will Do:
You will be part of the Capital Strategy team working on reinsurance. Duties will entail working on all aspects of reinsurance and may include collaboration with pricing, valuation, inforce management, reinsurance administration, underwriting and legal. This position reports to the Director of Reinsurance.
What You Will Learn:
You will learn to provide support in the management and implementation of reinsurance. Apply technical expertise to build and maintain strong teamwork across Transamerica. You will learn to promote a Future Fit mindset including Acting as One, Accountability, Agility and Customer Centricity.
What Success Looks Like:
- Prepares and performs reinsurance analyses to develop pricing strategies, valuation approach or risk management strategies.
- Maintain and document treaty listings, reserve programs, rate files, procedures and/or similar processes.
- Help prepare packets for reinsurance bids, this includes new business and inforce blocks of policies.
- Assist on preparing/reviewing treaties and amendments, this includes collaboration with Legal.
- Work with Operations to help solve complex reinsurance administration issues.
- Perform actuarial research, analysis, and assist with communication of reinsurance treaties and amendments.
- Assist monthly processes to monitor and maintain compliance, documentation, and controls
- Support implementation of company, industry, and regulatory policy.
- May work with Underwriting on various initiatives that involve reinsurance partnerships.
- May assist Inforce Management team on evaluating reinsurance impacts of inforce projects.
- Balance multiple work streams and gain technical knowledge about the functionality and constraints of the various tools.
What You Need:
- Requires an advanced degree in math, actuarial science, statistics, related science field, finance, or related business field OR Bachelor’s Degree plus FSA/CFA/Equivalent Designation OR Bachelor’s Degree plus 3 years experience.
- Candidates without a designation should be making progress towards an FSA, ASA, FRM, CFA or similar designation.
- Must possess good understanding of investment and finance concepts, and be able to creatively apply them in solving analytical problems in the business setting.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Preferred Qualifications: Should have a good understanding of investment and insurance products.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Intermediate+Risk+Analyst+Reinsurance&c=Aegon&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=bfa6932faf7849fd&rtk=1dh26c9q5nglf800&from=rss→