Intermediate Accounting Business Analyst – Aegon – Cedar Rapids, IA
As our Intermediate Accounting Business Analyst you will coordinate, resolve and process all accounting issues as they relate to the implementation of new administrative systems upgrades to existing systems, system conversions, new products, and production support. The analyst will have an advanced knowledge of multiple company administrative systems and limited department approval capability
What You Will Do:
- Effectively recommend solutions to problems involving the extraction of information from the system.
- Create, maintain, or modify advanced level reports.
- Test and verify that information compiled is correct and/or reasonable, based on accounting experience.
- Efficiently and accurately produce ad hoc reports.
- Comprehend the request process and provide the requested information in an appropriate format.
- Understand proper financial controls to implement and maintain regarding cash ledger transactions.
- Serve as a member of divisional project teams related to system conversions and enhancements.
- Develop test matrices, procedures, and documentation as required.
- Prepare business requirement specifications for IT projects, and create, analyze, modify and document processes.
- May be in charge of coordinating information requests from other divisions or external parties.
- Review test output as projects migrate through the SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle).
- Review documentation and determine accounting implications for new product development.
- Train on at least two of the company administrative systems and educate related staff in the division.
- Provide communication to all applicable departments as projects move from test to production
- Update all necessary accounting tables and other accounting side tables related to the assigned project.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent work experience
- Two years of related work experience.
- Completion of computer coursework.
- Analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel) and multiple computer systems.
- Proficiency in ten-key calculator
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
- Preferred: Knowledge of accounting systems.
- Office environment
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity means that we value differences. We encourage the unique perspectives of persons and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Intermediate+Accounting+Business+Analyst&c=Aegon&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=45c1b43149350f34&rtk=1eqt52qd4o21n800&from=rss→