Intermediate Accountant – Partnership Accounting – Aegon AM – Aegon – Cedar Rapids, IA
- Review multiple bank accounts daily for activity that needs to be recorded into the accounting limited partnership system (ALPS).
- Prepare account reconciliations and investigate variances.
- Enter true-ups into ALPS and inquire of asset management about significant variances
- File documents into the record retention system.
- Run monthly amortization application that calculates the cost amortization of the assets on a STAT and IFRS basis. Analyze significant changes in amortization.
- Run month-end close applications on all assets and assist asset management in identifying reasons for variances from month to month.
- Prepare Schedule BA’s to be included in statutory financial reports.
- Assist in preparing various reports and answer questions for Asset Management, Fund Management, Corporate Tax, and Investment Reporting.
- Prepare documentation and assist in answering audit inquires.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Comply with internal risk policies and controls, and maintain evidence in an effective manner.
- Understands the flow of information, financial systems, appropriate reporting tools and uses that knowledge to troubleshoot problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent education/experience.
Minimum of two years of experience, with degree.
Working knowledge of partnership accounting.
Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, ability to handle multiple projects, customer service approach, willingness to take on new projects.
Work effectively individually and within a team; organizational and prioritization skills.
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of candidate’s relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Intermediate+Accountant&c=Aegon&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=4e57a5e52b299095&rtk=1ev0fmp53ocin800&from=rss→