Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 15687
We are currently searching for a Integrated Program Specialist to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Responsible for development, integration, analysis, documentation and presentation of process plans and schedules for the duration of a contract. Generate strawman IMP/IMS models independently from Proposals, Statement of Work and Supplier Data Requirements (SDRI)
- Responsible for supporting scheduling activities of programs which are relatively low in risk and complexity or is portion of larger program.
- Monitors and reports performance against plans to ensure the contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met (working closely with cost analyst.
- Understanding of earned value management practices and procedures, which includes scheduling fundamentals and system tool usage, such as SAP / BW and Microsoft products
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals. Develops solutions to variety of problems
- Frequent use of general/technical knowledge and industry/functional practices, techniques, and standards. General application of concepts and principles.
- Works with senior specialists to prepare, develop and coordinate the integrated master plan and integrated master schedule to meet program objectives. Ensures major projects are horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional groups including Finance, Engineering, Manufacturing, Logistics, Quality, etc.
- Tracks plans and schedules, solicits regular updates, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts. Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management, and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Validate that all WBS items are accounted for in the IMS. All CDRL / SDRLs are cross referenced in IMS. All Statement of Work (SOW) discrete scope is modeled in the IMS.
- Work in parallel with the cost analyst of the program to ensure the cost and schedule are reconciled. Take steps to correct any mismatched items and address root cause.
- Contributes ideas for training materials. Offers suggestions for areas in processes or tools that need enhancement
- Abides by company policies and procedures, with special attention to ethics and standards of business conduct
- Experience with integrated schedules and logic networks using Microsoft Project software or have the ability to learn this tool. Background with Microsfot Office applications: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Understands and complies with requirements in DI-MGMT-81650, DCMA Schedule Assessment Guide and Planning and Scheduling Excellence Guide
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.