DME/Home Medical Equipment Coordinator
UnityPoint at Home
Cedar Rapids, IA
FT: Monday-Friday, 8am-5:00pm
- Responsible for looking at the individual needs of each patient/customer and matching those needs to the many services UnityPoint at Home has to offer; utilizing other members of the home care coordination team as necessary to coordinate services outside of the specialized service line.
- Processes all incoming work orders, interviewing client/referral source to secure demographic and financial and qualifying data, and securing verification and authorization of benefits as appropriate.
- Specializes in one or more of the agency’s service lines, yet is responsible for having a basic knowledge of all service lines.
- Directs inquiries and referrals to the appropriate individual and/or service line. Coordinates incoming calls from both referral sources and patient/customers.
- Initiates and coordinates prior authorization requests to third party payers and maintains a working knowledge of third party payer guidelines. Follows up with third party payers as necessary.
- Operates computer system to record/document and retrieve information to ensure appropriate agency services are provided in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential customers and referral sources.
- Builds and monitors community and customer/referral source expectations and perceptions of UPAH as a high quality provider of services; maintaining excellent customer service.
- Assists other Intake/Home Care Coordinators as directed by the Intake/Home Care Coordination Manager.
- Maintains a working knowledge of relevant regulations affecting patients and the operation of our business.
- Performs patient follow up phone calls as directed by manager.
- On-call duties may be required on a rotation basis, weekend and holiday
- Performs other duties specific to some service lines.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Behaves in a manner consistent with company mission, vision and value statements.
- Maintains compliance with OSHA, accreditation standards and risk management guidelines.
- Maintains compliance with personnel policies and procedures.
- Behaves in a manner consistent with all corporate compliance policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as requested by Intake/Home Care Coordination Manager to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the organization.
- Meets measures as determined and required for job productivity and performance improvement.
- Employee is responsible for completion of communication tasks and activities in a timely manner. This would include, but is not limited to: responding to email, voicemail or telephone messages, promptly, accurately, and professionally; attending staff meetings as scheduled or viewing videotapes of those meetings; asking questions of team members and supervisors when needing clarification about various day-to-day issues or patient needs; and reviewing employee communication pieces, to stay aware of UnityPoint at Home programs and initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills with previous customer service experience.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel) and operations.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Knowledge of medical billing and collection practices.
- One year of medical experience; preferably in community home health or home medical equipment.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
All staff are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate manager. In addition, staff are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities. All staff must attend mandatory educational programs.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.