United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
The Test Engineering Center of Excellence is seeking to fill an Electrical Engineering Intern position with a talented individual who is working towards a BSEE or BSCmptrE. The primary responsibility for this position is to assist test engineers in developing and sustaining manufacturing and service test solutions for Collins Aerospace and Defense products. The student who fills this position will develop strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills. This position will heavily utilize hardware and software development and debug skills on multi-rack test stations used to test Collins products. These test stations may include but are not limited by the following test equipment: Digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, power supplies and electronic loads. This position will also support development of thermal and vibration test equipment and software suites for environmental stress and screening requirements of Collins products.
Other responsibilities and job requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- Review product designs and create test solutions that maximize test coverage in the manufacturing and service environments.
- Prepare and present project / technical information to peers, internal management and customers.
- Highly motivated and possess effective oral/written communication and interpersonal/team skills.
- Knowledge of additional programming languages, C/C++, Pearl and Python are a plus.
- Excellent time management skills – ability to multitask and delegate work to support technicians, engineering project assistants and peers.
- Ability to reverse engineer existing equipment (i.e. documenting something that is already built)
- Design and implement activities required to deploy the project test solutions to world-wide destinations.
- Software skills in C#.
- Ability to read basic electronic schematics.
- Must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be pursuing a BSEE or BSCmptrE.