Human Resources Business Partner – Workplace Solutions – Aegon – Cedar Rapids, IA
Partner with all levels of management within a particular area of the business and provide day-to-day performance management guidance to management.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation to managers and employees.
- Handle and resolve employee concerns, which may include investigations and escalate information to senior staff or management for guidance, as needed.
- Attend regular meetings with managers and business teams to develop an understanding of key business issues.
- Partner with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Advise in the selection and placement of internal and external talent.
- Engage and advise management on practices for Total Rewards compensation programs, work with more senior HR staff on complex situations.
- Support initiatives regarding culture, organizational change, engagement, and organizational effectiveness.
- Support or participate in cross-functional/cross-HR projects and programs for enterprise-wide or site-specific needs.
- Provides feedback on HR policies and practices.
- Support organizational design changes including acquisitions, reductions in force, and location strategy.
- Provide training/presentations for new hire orientation and routine topics. May assist in facilitating more complex topics (e.g., Performance Management, special meetings).
- Facilitate business processes, approvals, and audits in Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and other reporting tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR/organizational development or related business field and two years of HR generalist experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Experience handling employee relations issues.
- Communication and presentation skills to facilitate projects and programs.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills to coach and influence staff and management at all levels.
- Ability to handle ambiguous and conflicting information.
- Critical thinking skills to resolve problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own activities.
- Flexibility to handle change and change processes in a fast-faced environment.
- Proficiency using MS Office tools.
- Knowledge of Workday or other HRIS tools.
- Efficiency in reporting analytics using Excel.
- Understanding of the business environment, preferably in the insurance and financial services industry.
- HR certification (e.g., PHR, SHRM-CP).
- Knowledge of change management practices and techniques.
- Occasional travel to meet with assigned client group and attend HR meetings/training.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Human+Resource+Business+Partner&c=Aegon&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=973bf1f6743408f4&rtk=1etkmjo4fo1h2800&from=rss→