Energy, passion and creativity are essential to this role as is the ability to build effective partnerships with internal customers and stakeholders. This position will primarily provide support to the Iowa Field Operations organization.
- This position will require travel throughout the Alliant Energy service territory to meet and consult with customers. Most of this travel will consist of day trips, though on occasion overnight travel may be required.
- A complete list of job responsibilities and desired qualifications can be found below.
- Alliant Energy will not provide sponsorship for an employment visa (e.g. H-1B visa) now or in the future for this position.
- Through the development of in-depth business relationship, strategizes with business units to support the organization’s human resources goals.
- Proactively assesses and anticipates HR-related needs and partners with business units to develop creative solutions.
- Partners with business units to effectively navigate company policies, procedures, and employment and labor law in a manner that reduces legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Advises and coaches leadership in the development and implementation of effective workforce plans in areas that include performance management, organizational design, succession planning, and talent management (staffing solutions, retention needs, development needs).
- Delivers value-added service to management and employees in all areas of human resources by collaborating with areas across the HR function.
- Improves work relationships, builds morale, increases productivity and promotes employee engagement by working closely with management and employees.
- Mentors and provides functional direction to less experienced human resource consultants in providing support to business units.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree and eight years if experience in human resources.
- Must possess strong knowledge of multiple functional areas of HR.
- Must possess a strong understanding of employment laws and practices.
- This position may require travel throughout the Alliant Energy service territory. Overnight stays may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong relationship building, conflict management, influencing, and critical thinking skills. Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication to work effectively with all levels of personnel inside or outside the company.
- Ability to proactively identify and anticipate business unit needs and develop recommendations in a self-directed manner.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate multiple projects and work initiatives at one time.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work environment.
- Note: All Candidates selected for employment with Alliant Energy will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background check
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this challenging opportunity, please complete our online application at www.alliantenergy.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.