HR Administrator/Payroll Coordinator – Cedar Rapids, IA
Job Description Summary
The HR Administrator/Payroll Coordinator provides administrative support to the HR function as needed (e.g., correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, new hire paperwork, etc.). Primary functions of this position would be processing payroll, recording, calculating and tracking of worked and non-worked hours for pay purposes including, Holiday, vacation, and paid time off. Tracking and enforcing paid and non-paid time off for attendance and disciplinary purposes for all locations in their assigned region. Position will have some responsibility in Accounts Payable and purchasing
- Verify timekeeping records and consult mangers and or employees about any discrepancies.
- Record payroll data in Kronos and Purely HR systems, adhering to any state and federal laws.
- Prepare Historical edits and one time payments for employees including but not limited to Employee tuition reimbursement, sign on bonus, relocation expenses.
- Ensure all employees are set up with direct deposit in adherence to company policies and Initiate all direct deposit/stop payment requests.
- Perform weekly Kronos audits on meal breaks per policies and applicable laws.
- Maintain accurate records of payroll discrepancies, meal break violations, and all monies and/or historical edits paid to employees.
- Perform at minimum bi-weekly time and attendance audits in Purely HR ensuring time is accurately posted and accruals are current.
- Assist Managers and HR Business Partners with audits and payroll questions or discrepancies.
- Partner with leaders to assess and establish any payroll or Kronos training needs for Managers and employees.
- Assist and back-up Accounts Payable and HRBP’s as needed. Set up new vendors as needed.
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / DUTIES:
- Perform assigned tasks in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven record of expert communication skills & experience in managing multiple projects at once.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, being able to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Establishes and maintains the respect and confidence of clients and C&W Services employees.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Ability to build solid cross-functional relationships.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Approximately 25% travel is required for this role.
High School Diploma/GED, Certified Payroll Professional Preferred, 3-5 years’ experience processing multi-state payroll. Working knowledge of payroll best practices, along with strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
Demonstrated proficiency in creating and working with documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. A working knowledge of Kronos and/or Workday is preferred. The preferred candidate will have the ability to work in a fact paced environment and possessing the ability to deal with confidential information and material on a daily basis. Must possess strong organizational skills along with being able to multi-task and prioritize daily actives.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Req Number: R56436
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.