HR Administrator – Patra Corporation – Cedar Rapids, IA
Human Resources Administrator
We’re looking for a high-EQ, detail-oriented HR professional to step into an organized human resources department and take over management of Benefits Administration and HR Generalist functions including: new employee on-boarding, workers compensation, employee relations, and compliance and audit activities. You will report to the leader that developed the function and bring knowledge, aptitude, and leadership to our rapidly growing company headquartered in El Dorado Hills CA. We are a technology driven organization; thus you must have demonstrated experience in technology including fabulous spreadsheeting & PowerPoint skills.
The right person to join our team will demonstrate ownership and accountability, considerable judgment and initiative, and the ability to communicate effectively. They will influence others effectively; display a strong work ethic, act with integrity; and enjoy collaborating with leaders and employees throughout the organization.
- Take responsibility for the full benefits package for US employees including Health & Wellness, 401k and ancillary benefits.
- Facilitates troubleshooting and claims resolution in conjunction with Broker, TPA and vendors.
- Coordinates with service providers in the administration of Health Saving Account (HSA); Flexible Spending Account (FSA); COBRA and COBRA subsidies; Supplemental Life applications.
- Audits monthly invoices to ensure accurate enrollment, payroll deductions, and billing.
- Track employee make up deductions for completion and accuracy.
- Ensures the availability benefits documents.
- Ensures timely completion of compliance testing and annual reporting such as Form 5500 and ACA requirements to government agencies.
- Maintains benefit related materials and information in company systems.
- 401k Administration includes the approval of pending transactions, employee education, compliant recordkeeping, compliance testing and facilitating the annual 401k audit process.
- Workers Compensation administration in conjunction with the legal team. Submission of claims and follow up on employee welfare and reporting.
- Performs Open Enrollment system re-configuration; coordinates with Payroll Administrator to ensure deductions are accurate.
- Independently researches and answers questions related to HR from employees, managers and payroll. Provides information regarding established HR policies, benefit programs, forms, records and practices. Recognizes the need for deviation from standard practices and gains the appropriate approval.
- Completes research into compliance practices and policies then provides suggestions for improvements and changes to Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state laws to mitigate Patra’s exposure for lawsuits and employee grievances. This will be accomplished through day-to-day advisement of management of the rules and regulations pertaining to their situations, completing and keeping accurate up to date records, and coordinating with Payroll to ensure accurate compensation & employee records.
- Interacts with and counsel employees and managers regarding factors that affect morale, performance, efficiency, and manager/employee relationships. Provides critical analysis of situations to suggest solutions and courses of action for problem resolution with managers and employees.
- Administers and directs the performance review process in conjunction with the Director and operational leaders.
- Takes ownership of new hire onboarding and collaborates with IT and embedded trainers to ensure employees have a smooth start and are positioned for success.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Human+Resource+Administrator&c=Patra+Corporation&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=b8860d9e8a279efd&rtk=1er29rh6oo2ck800&from=rss→