Hoover Elementary Champions Site Director – Champions – Iowa City, IA
$16 – $17 an hour
Child Care: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Come shape the future with Champions!
Our Site Directors / Teachers bring warmth, patience, and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging children to learn and grow. They inspire children to be lifelong learners using our nationally recognized curriculum that promotes social, physical, verbal, and cognitive development. Our
Teachers are committed to making their center successful and know that creating meaningful relationships with children, families, and their team play a crucial role in that success.
Site Directors should expect to work roughly 30 hours a week, and are eligible for benefits and paid time off.
When you join our team as a Teacher you will:
- Implement KCE’s curriculum in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child
- Create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play and learn.
- Partner and communicate with parents, with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children.
- Support your center’s success; partner with center staff and leadership to achieve goals around enrollment, accreditation, and engagement.
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, community contacts and corporate partners.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day.
- Ability to build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment where play and learning happens.
- Outstanding customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
- 1+ year Education Experience (preferred)
- Must meet state specific guidelines for the role
- Must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors. Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 – $17.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
To keep our teachers safe, we are maintaining social distancing expectations, increasing sanitization, maintaining a ratio of 1 staff to 12 students (K-5th grade), and keeping gloves/masks/sanitizer available to all staff.
- Child Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Hoover+Elementary+Site+Director&c=Champions&l=Iowa+City%2C+IA&jk=25306cc78a5807bc&rtk=1f4sebv4uo166800&from=rss→