Head of Financial Risk Management – Aegon – Cedar Rapids, IA
What You Will Do:
The Head of Financial Risk Management supports the CRO by providing Financial Risk Management leadership for Transamerica with the ability to conduct appropriate financial risk management conversations with key internal and external stakeholders. You will provide financial subject matter expertise to the CRO and CFO for financial risk focused items, such as:
- Measurement and monitoring of financial risk
- ALM and hedging initiatives, and oversight of existing ALM practices
- Design of methodology, in particular financial risk aspects of Economic Framework
- Maintenance of financial risk aspects of the ERM Framework and setting risk strategy
What Success Looks Like:
- Ensures financial risks are managed through effective review, constructive challenge, and meaningful discussion with business leaders emphasizing transparent decision-making in alignment with the established risk management framework and governance. Establishes productive relationships with risk owners, ensures appropriate data-driven analysis supports decisions, and actively participates in risk governance forums.
- Operates in a leadership capacity in alignment with the Chief Risk Officer to communicate appropriate updates on financial risks to key internal and external stakeholders. Maintains a pulse on top financial risks to Transamerica and communicates messages targeted to specific audiences in a relatable, transparent way.
- Manages financial risk management staff in meeting department’s functional goals. Clarifies priorities and expectations, empowers and guides the team, identifies and develops key talent.
- Represents Financial Risk in committees and provides opinion on issues based on independent analysis and insight. Be considered a subject matter expert within Risk and a respected partner for the business.
- Works closely with global Head of Financial Risk on maintenance of ERM framework, including risk methodology, financial risk policies, and risk strategy in defining risk preference and setting risk limits
- Provides leadership and support to enhance ALM initiatives and helps to embed the ALM standards of practice.
- Provides oversight of existing ALM practices, including compliance monitoring and independent modelling.
- Produces financial risk reporting to governance committees, Boards, and internal/external stakeholders.
- Provides expertise and supports the business in analyzing financial risks in asset and product portfolios.
- Acts as strategic business partner on financial risk topics.
What You Need:
- Twelve years of experience in Financial Risk Management, Financial Management, or related field
- Minimum of eight years of experience in the insurance industry
- Knowledge and experience in investment and mismatch risk management, derivatives, insurance products, and insurance valuation principles
- Forward Thinking – able to think strategically, place risks and decisions in context of strategic impacts, and anticipate emerging risks
- Communication – able to understand the audience and craft communication that effectively tells the story
- Analytical – able to understand complex problems, frame appropriate questions, and determine when analysis is sufficient to support decisions
- Decision Making – ability to integrate diverse perspectives to drive best outcome
- Clear evidence of high influencing and relationship management skills throughout an organization
- Integrity to uphold risk management principles and mandates
- Able to challenge conventional practices and pursue continuous improvement
- Strong planning, prioritizing and goal setting skills
- Experience in an international corporate setting preferred
- Advanced degree in Finance, Actuarial, Economics, Mathematics or related area preferred
- Professional certifications e.g. FSA, CFA preferred
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Head+Financial+Risk+Management&c=Aegon&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=27253b6372220b31&rtk=1elqu0s50o15d800&from=rss→