Guest Service Representative – Kirkwood Community College – Cedar Rapids, IA
Kirkwood Community College
$11.28 an hour
Full Job Description
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of hotels or motels, and escort them to their destination in the building, if needed.
- Keep records of room availability and guests’ accounts, manually or using computers.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Perform simple bookkeeping activities, such as balancing cash accounts.
- Review accounts and charges with guests during the checkout process.
- Post charges, such as those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers manually or by using computers.
- Transfer luggage, trunks, and packages to and from rooms, loading areas, vehicles, or transportation terminals, by hand or using baggage carts.
- Supply guests or travelers with directions, travel information, and other information such as available services and points of interest.
- Receive and mark baggage by completing and attaching claim checks.
- Assist physically challenged travelers and other guests with special needs.
- Deliver messages and run errands for guests.
- Explain the operation of room features such as locks, ventilation systems, and televisions.
- Maintain clean lobbies or entrance areas for travelers or guests.
- Maintain compliance with required training as designated by supervisor.
- Regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Serve as professional role model.
- Assist students in achieving course objectives.
- Coach and nurture student in performance of skills.
- Ability to provide service in a courteous, prompt, and efficient manner.
- Ability to operate front desk equipment (e.g., copier, calculator, computer, fax, etc.).
- Demonstrate job flexibility.
- Work effectively and respectfully with diverse personalities. Possess ability to meet and deal effectively and courteously with hotel guests, students, personnel and all members of the community.
- Possess, effective organizational skills, time management skills, ability to prioritize, ability to multitask.
- Assume responsibility and exercise a high level of decision making, good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, ad experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or the equivalent required.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have a valid driver license and qualify for a chauffer’s class D endorsement.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Preference will be given to those candidates with a post high school degree.
- Preference will be given to those candidates with a minimum of two years full-time experience in a related hospitality setting or the equivalent education and related work experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have successfully completed the core assessments of the Skills Advantage WorkKeys Program
- Preference will be given to candidates who have a valid driver’s license and the ability to qualify for a class D Chauffer’s license.
Kirkwood Community College shall not engage in nor allow unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment. This includes all employment practices, hiring practices, and unwelcome harassment of applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information or actual or potential parental, family, marital status or veteran status. If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy please contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, Telephone: 319-398-5572, Email: [email protected] or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison St., Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-7204, Telephone: 312-730-1560, Fax: 312-730-1576, Email: [email protected]
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Guest+Service+Representative&c=Kirkwood+Community+College&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=74ad31e58af91508&rtk=1f1is2o9op12n800&from=rss→