General Superintendent – WRH, Inc. – Cedar Rapids, IA
WRH, Inc. is a General Contractor in Eastern Iowa. Founded in 1973 as Wendler Engineering and Construction. We construct heavy civil, storm sewer pumping stations, waste water treatment plants, water treatment plants, concrete foundations, flood mitigation works, process piping, and electrical sub-station projects up to $20MM in size.
WRH Inc. is seeking competent superintendents to manage our workforce and subcontractors on jobsites in Iowa.
· At WRH, Inc General Superintendents are tasked with ensuring multiple projects are completed successfully and on time, while coordinating with Project Managers and supervisors to determine daily needs and to notice and rectify potential issues. Use critical thinking to prioritize tasks and daily duties. Fostering growth within employees, disciplinary actions, and corrective coaching to better crew dynamics.
Minimum qualifications of the ideal candidate include:
· Ability to lead 4-30 construction foremen, laborers, carpenters, millwrights, equipment operators, and trade sub-contractors.
· Ability to understand written and verbal English instruction from management
· Willingness to learn and enforce safe work procedures
· Ability to operate laptop or iPad to complete daily records.
· Ability to read and interpret construction documents
· Ability to represent the company with owners and design engineers.
· Ability to create and/or follow short term schedules.
· Attend and participate in WRH Monday morning staff meetings at office.
· Interview and hire field personnel in conjunction with Human Resources.
· Coordinate manpower and equipment on assigned projects.
· Identify and encourage employee growth.
· Attend project progress meetings in person or by phone.
· Coordinate initial project site setup.
· Weekly site visits for each project at a minimum.
· Assist crew leaders with time entry, daily reports, etc.
· Assist crew leaders with 3 week look ahead schedules.
· Provide project support as needed with field and office staff.
· Conduct site safety audits.
· Assist crew leaders to resolve safety concerns.
· Schedule Locate – ONE CALL.
· Coach field staff.
Additional desired qualifications but not required:
· Ability to speak and understand Spanish and English
· Skilled in one of the following fields of construction: Excavation, Structural Concrete, Pipe Fitting and joining, process pipe & equipment installation, electrical underground conduit, and duct bank construction
· Willingness to travel and stay overnight.
· $35-$40 hourly based on experience and applicable government wage scales
Benefits and Perquisites:
· Health Insurance plan
· Death, Accident and Long Term Disability Insurance
· Flex Pay cafeteria plan
· 7 Days’ Vacation/PTO earned 1st year, increases with tenure
· 7 Paid Holidays
· Continuing Education Tuition Reimbursement
· Travel Pay
Career Opportunities include:
· Advancement to Project Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- 50% (Preferred)
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=General+Superintendent&c=WRH&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=d3260b2e21167f9f&rtk=1ekhnl7abnpp8800&from=rss→